Just got an email from a reseller:

Facts, rumors, speculations about the past, present and future of FingerWorks.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Just got an email from a reseller:

Postby gregvr » 19 May 2005, 19:54

I emailed a reseller a while back, and got this response today:

Subject: Touchstream products

We have been informed that Touchstream products are discontinued and no longer available by choice of the new company that bought Touchstream out.

Please visit our website for other products that may interest you, www.fentek-ind.com

Best regards,
Fentek Industries
Dana

:(
gregvr
Hang-around

Postby -jeffB » 20 May 2005, 16:01

So, are we ever going to find out who actually bought FingerWorks?
-jeffB (Jeff Brandenburg, Durham, NC, USA)
-jeffB
Regular

Is it a public company?

Postby gregvr » 20 May 2005, 17:24

-jeffB wrote:So, are we ever going to find out who actually bought FingerWorks?

Well, presumably, this multi-billion dollar company is public-- so wouldn't it have to be in their annual report, or SOMETHING?!?
gregvr
Hang-around

Re: Is it a public company?

Postby TorbenGB » 21 May 2005, 12:47

gregvr wrote:wouldn't it have to be in their annual report, or SOMETHING?!?
Probably, but then we'd have to wait until next fiscal year and sieve through all the multi-billion dollar software and hardware companies. Besides, Microsoft for one doesn't list assimilated businesses in their public report.

I just mailed Fentek Industries (sales@fentek-ind.com) in response to Greg's posting:
Hi Fentek!
I'm writing on behalf of the FingerWorks user community. Recently, you replied to another customer about the FingerWorks TouchStream keyboards and other FingerWorks products. You said, "We have been informed that Touchstream products are discontinued and no longer available by choice of the new company that bought Touchstream out. Best regards, Fentek Industries, Dana".

Can you provide any information about who this "new company" is -- and from who you received this information? This would be valuable information to the user community!

Looking forward to your reply,
Torben Gundtofte-Bruun
torben@g-b.dk
http://fingerfans.dreamhosters.com

Let's see if we get anything useful out of this!
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby TorbenGB » 23 May 2005, 20:27

Fentek wrote: Sorry we do not know the name of the new company and previous president of Finger Works disclosed the discontinuation of these products to our Marketing Team.
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

how terrible!

Postby deadlyhead » 23 May 2005, 21:24

i'm a computer science student, and i've been scrounging and saving so that i might be able to obtain a silver dvorak touchstream and finally attain programming bliss. now, though, those dreams have been shot down, stomped on, kicked and battered, with all that remains being the withered, gasping remains of at last experiencing nerdvana. :cry:

sadness consumes.
deadlyhead
Hang-around

Postby kypnua » 24 May 2005, 00:57

I have also received a similar email from Fentek. I wish now I had paid attention. I received it last week and have long since deleted it, but I thought it said something about Apple. Might want to check Apple corporate news.

By the way, I'm with you deadlyhead. I didn't even learn of the TouchStreams until a couple months ago. As a graduate and freshly entering a career as a software engineer, I really could have used one of those things. :cry:
kypnua

Return to News about FingerWorks