Magic keyboard rises from the dead

Facts, rumors, speculations about the past, present and future of FingerWorks.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Magic keyboard rises from the dead

Postby fubar » 12 May 2012, 00:33

Well, I dusted off the apple magic trackpads again over the UK bank holiday weekend last week and here I am again typing on them. This time I'm able to:

* type (of course)
* rest my hands without letters being typed
* mouse and single-click with the right trackpad -- lovely! (or was until I broke it a bit implementing holds using only speed of finger group to trigger leaving the hold state, which made fine motion a bit "sticky" -- I think I know how to fix that but the code needs cleaning up first)
* move the cursor with the left trackpad -- a bit annoying because I have not yet implemented "locking-in" of gestures, so my horizontal swipes turn into vertical ones quite regularly
* use 3-finger enter and escape taps (they are single-keypad gestures currently because I treat the keypads separately)
* use shift holds (4 fingers)

Not bad for 2 and a bit days work I think!

Very unrefined compared to the touchstream, and still plenty to do (bugs, half-implemented algorithms and kludges, missing features), but I feel like I'm "over the hump". That might be misleading since the details are crucial, but I'm optimistic.
fubar
Familiar

Re: Magic keyboard rises from the dead

Postby dongadoy » 12 May 2012, 22:51

That's pretty interesting. Have fun!
Touchstream LP since 1 Oct 2003
I was snow.surfer in the old world.
dongadoy
Regular

Re: Magic keyboard rises from the dead

Postby jmadison » 14 May 2012, 17:19

Amazing work you're doing. Thanks for sharing. It's amazing just how good the old TS's are.... I'm typing from mine right now.
Touchstream LP
jmadison
Smarty Pants

Return to News about FingerWorks