[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
fingerfans.dreamhosters.com • View topic - Running multitouch utilities in Lion

Running multitouch utilities in Lion

Software tools, configuration files, and other community contributions

Moderator: The00Dustin

Forum rules
This area is intended for software 3rd party and community contributions only -- use the for support discussions!
If you have additional downloads that we can host, please attach them here or send them to torben@g-b.dk!

Running multitouch utilities in Lion

Postby DanT » 21 Jul 2011, 07:37

DanT
Hang-around

Re: Running multitouch utilities in Lion

Postby TorbenGB » 21 Jul 2011, 22:57

Wow Dan, that's quite a cool way to start out here. Welcome, and thank you!

I'm not on Mac myself but I am sure that other users will be *very* grateful for this tip. It was a big disappointment when the FW utils didn't run on newer OS'es, but you've shown a way forward. It's making me think that when this works on Mac OS which is essentially Unix then there is also hope that it could work on Linux variants with very few changes. Now we just need to find someone with more Linux skills (and time) than me :-)

Cheers,
Torben
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby The00Dustin » 22 Jul 2011, 11:11

Torben, when he says "the board won't accept .sh files" he means he can't upload the file here. A .sh file is like a .bat file, so that may be a built in safety thing, or it may be something you should fix. Regardless, having only read this post, it sounds like he's just loading the same old .jar file into (a potentially newer version of) java from a script. Not only should this be possible in Linux with little to no customization, it could even work on Win 7 with a (potentially slightly customized per install) .bat, .pif, or .lnk file. This seems too good to be true, but I plan to dig a little deeper at some point.
The00Dustin
Grizzled Veteran

Postby TorbenGB » 22 Jul 2011, 13:09

TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby The00Dustin » 22 Jul 2011, 18:10

The00Dustin
Grizzled Veteran

Postby TorbenGB » 22 Jul 2011, 19:01

Technically, your answer is no longer on-topic :) as it's not about Lion but Windows. I'd say we need a Windows thread with your content, plus a Linux thread with something in it too. But I'm too lazy to do that right now.
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby The00Dustin » 22 Jul 2011, 20:40

The00Dustin
Grizzled Veteran

Postby nomaded » 23 Jul 2011, 00:45

IIRC, I don't think the problem was with running the configurator. The problem was doing the upload because of the java usb driver. I think. It's been a while since I've been motivated enough to change my keyboard configurations :).
nomaded
Smarty Pants

Postby DanT » 24 Jul 2011, 09:56

Well unfortunately I have some more Lion specific info so I think it will have to stay a Lion thread :)

Now that I have it installed I've seen there are a few more hiccups. I needed to update my libjusb settings in order to get the linked library to work. Following along I needed to update the patch file and recompile libjusb. I've attached the new patch file to the gist.

I also updated the script file to load the linked library properly. My keyboards are at the office, so I can't test just yet but it seems to be working much better. Will let you know once its tested.
DanT
Hang-around

Postby DanT » 24 Jul 2011, 10:00

Also on windows I think you'll need to pass in the same -Djava.library.path=..... to your jusb/lib folder. Not sure about XP/Win7 but you may need to recompile jusb with a new native library as well
DanT
Hang-around

Postby The00Dustin » 24 Jul 2011, 14:21

Dan,
What kind of hiccups did you see? I am interested in testing this with the latest version of Java a bit more (at least on XP, however irrelevant that testing might be). I don't have any compilation experience in Windows, but I'd at least like to know what to look for in case I ever cut over to Linux. Thanks,
Dustin
The00Dustin
Grizzled Veteran

Postby DanT » 24 Jul 2011, 15:02

The utility ran but it couldn't find my touch stream when I connected to it. After recompiling jusb, I still get some interesting things in the log, but everything seems to be working fine.

I'd think on the linux side you might have to do something similar and recompile. I'm guessing the location of the jdk has changed since they last committed to the cvs repo. If you get stuck feel free to send me a note and I'll try and help.
DanT
Hang-around

Postby TorbenGB » 24 Jul 2011, 15:03

I recently switched to Linux (and I'm still a noob) so 'd like to test setting it up there... once I find time for it :-/
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby DanT » 24 Jul 2011, 18:25

I put it all together in a blog post:

Might be easier to follow if you're having trouble.
DanT
Hang-around

Postby TorbenGB » 18 Aug 2011, 08:02

I haven't forgotten this, it's still on my to-do list. I just haven't taken the time needed yet. When I do, I will report back - hopefully with a nice little success story :-)
TorbenGB
Site Admin

humblehacker

Postby humblehacker » 01 Oct 2011, 17:23

I've used this info and to create an application you can just drop in your Applications directory.

humblehacker

Postby buserror » 12 Oct 2011, 14:37

buserror
Hang-around

Return to 3rd party software