USING MY TOUCHPAD ON VISTA-HELP PLEASE

Comments specifically about the mousepad devices.

Moderator: The00Dustin

USING MY TOUCHPAD ON VISTA-HELP PLEASE

Postby loveit » 10 Aug 2011, 13:44

I have been using my Touchpad on VISTA for the last year without any issues until all of the sudden, it stopped working. When I plug it in I get a message asking to install the device driver software and a prompt "Windows need to install driver software for igesture FIN DFU"

However whenever I try to install the Finger works utilities from my original CD, I am unable to install it on Vista and get an error message that the operating system is not compatible, even if I try to install it in compatibility mode for XP or other OS.

I tried everything and I am in desperate need of help from anybody out there! I can't live without my touchpad because of RSI issues and no touchpad in the market even come close to the Fingerworks technology.

Cheers!
loveit

Re: USING MY TOUCHPAD ON VISTA-HELP PLEASE

Postby TorbenGB » 11 Aug 2011, 19:43

Hello, and welcome to the site! We've had a similar support question recently, see here for the latest answer on that:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2868#p6033

I think you need to uninstall the drivers that Windows has auto-installed for you, and then let Windows auto-install the drivers once more. That should do it.

You don't need to install the official drivers from the FingerWorks CD -- these are known to NOT work on any Windows version newer than XP, but the good news is that you don't need the official software unless you want to change the configuration of your device.

Go ahead and uninstall the drivers, then let Win7 reinstall them again. If that doesn't work out, please reply here. Thank you and good luck!
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Return to Mouse: iGesture products