Hello

Moderator: The00Dustin

Hello

Postby landmonster » 15 Feb 2011, 06:15

Hello,

My name is Jakub and I own a Dvorak Touchstream ST. I purchased it around nine years ago when I first started working in IT. I used it for around a year but eventually ended up going back to an ergonomic keyboard. The TS has been sitting packed away for all these years, which seems like a waste. I signed up for this site because I'd like to sell the TS and the marketplace here seemed like a good place to start.
landmonster
Hang-around

Re: Hello

Postby TorbenGB » 15 Feb 2011, 09:19

Hello Jakub, and welcome to the community!
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get much use out of your TouchStream, but it's good that you didn't just throw it away.

You might be aware that the devices that used to cost around $400 new, now sell as used for a lot more. The reason of course is that they are very rare and much desired by the few remaining users. In the last few years, I've seen auctions on eBay for TouchStream keyboards that ended anywhere between $500 and $1500 depending on layout, condition, and simple auction luck.

To sell your TouchStream, you could post a message in our "Marketplace" forum or even better create an eBay auction and then post a link to that auction in our marketplace. Be sure to describe the device's current condition and include a photo. If you could hook it up to a computer and test the sensors using the FingerWorks software, that would be an additional selling point. If you do put up an eBay auction, I would be grateful if you could include a link to http://fingerfans.dreamhosters.com/ in the description.

I'd be interested, as would several other community members - and probably a bunch of eBay people who don't know about this community yet.
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby landmonster » 17 Feb 2011, 03:52

I can't find the software that came with the keyboard, so I'm not able to run the diagnostic program. Do you know if it's possible to find a copy of that software online? The fingerworks site looks like it's no longer around.
landmonster
Hang-around

Postby TorbenGB » 21 Feb 2011, 14:13

Hello Landmonster! We have copies of the downloads here in the forum -- in the download center!
We have the Windows version and the Mac version. Only the Linux version is not yet available.
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Return to Members' introductions