orders as they come in to our system. We do not change addresses and
send them to the address that is is listed. As per Amazon, there is a 90
minute window to cancel an order. If the order was processed, we cannot
stop or cancel delivery.

Thank you.

Customer Service
PC Universe

And what is this supposed to mean?
It looks like I am the one to blame for their mistake... :cry: We knew that somebody had to be, and I have this privilege.
I will tell my friend to refuse delivery and write directly to amazon to get to know what I should be doing from this point...

This is the message I've sent PC Universe Dec. 02, and received a copy from Amazon:
Hello from Amazon.com.

Here's a copy of the e-mail you sent to PC Universe. Seller responses will be sent to you directly via e-mail.

Order ID: 104-4028636-4931132
* 2 of Fingerworks iGesture Mini Keyboard

Subject: Order inquiry from Amazon customer ivanw@...

Important Notice: The following order payment methods are not covered for reimbursement by the Amazon.com A-to-z Guarantee: wire transfer, money orders, check, cash, or credit card transactions that occur off Amazon.com. Only orders using Amazon Payments are supported. This is the payment system used when you use 1-Click or the Shopping Cart to place orders through the Amazon.com Web site.

-------------- Begin message ---------------------

Could you confirm the real nature of the ordered devices.

It looks like there could be an SKU number issue between two items:
- Wacom digitizing pen:
- Fingerworks iGesture Mini Keyboard (the expected item):

..both are displayed on the attached images:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images ... 42-1422306

Thanks for your answer at: ivanw@...

-------------- End message ------------------------

Got no answer to this one!

BTW - Dec 05: You can still order more of those!

[edit]
:wink: Ok, you can't!
Last edited by ivanw on 06 Dec 2006, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.
ivanw
Zealot

The root cause is Amazon...

Postby optimist1125 » 06 Dec 2006, 00:32

So apparently, Amazon continued the inventory mixup despite my emails and calls. And despite their assurance that it would be correct.

And if another new vendor signs up, this could conceivably continue.

I'm sorry that several of you had to go through this process. Had I any inkling that it would not have been corrected, I'd have posted a note when I spoke with Amazon. I guess I felt kinda taken, and not too bright when it happened to me. Aargh!
--Linda
optimist1125
Regular

Amazon, Fingerworks Product Mixups and Fullfillment Issues

Postby optimist1125 » 06 Dec 2006, 06:01

I called again tonight. My issues:

--Why are you holding and delaying orders for Dvorak Touchstream keyboards for up to 3 months and seemingly cannot fulfill them?
--Why can't you clean up the inventory SKU mess between an iGesture Keyboard -- and a lousy little Wacom digital pen?

Supervisor "Hieu" gave me the party line... checking with a) Fulfillment Center re: Dvorak orders and b) Checking with Inventory control management re: SKU cross between iGuesture and Wacom pens.

Couldn't pin him down on a committed "respond by" date, but told him I'd be calling the Better Business Bureau with jurisdiction for Amazon corporate, if I didn't hear a response within several days.

And trust me, I will do that. I'll keep y'all posted.
--Linda
optimist1125
Regular

Postby thenn » 07 Dec 2006, 14:10

So, UPS tried to deliver the pens yesterday. Package was a padded envelope with a pen inside. I refused the 2 packages from UPS, hopefully now I will not be charged.
thenn
Smarty Pants

Postby jmadison » 07 Dec 2006, 15:24

I missed the UPS truck when they came. So, I found the package stuck in my door. I'll have to call PC Universe again and see about re-shipping it. I really don't want to pay the shipping cost myself, though.

More on this story as it progresses...
Touchstream LP
jmadison
Smarty Pants

Postby thenn » 07 Dec 2006, 15:28

I talked to Amazon, they said to just refuse the shipment. If they are problems, I will let you know.
thenn
Smarty Pants

Postby ivanw » 07 Dec 2006, 15:47

At last, five days later, I received a useful answer.

As I think it can be helpful for those who placed the same order, here it is:

PC Universe wrote:Dear Amazon Customer-

Due to issues outside of our control, your order has been cancelled/wrong product received. With that said, you were shipped the incorrect item.

The explanation is as simple as it is complex. We uploaded our product portfolio with part numbers and pricing to Amazon last week for our "go live" date. Somewhere in this process, our data got mixed with data from other vendors, creating multiple "mapping" errors.

A mapping error is when you see our part number, a picture of an item and a price all which came from different vendors databases brought together by technology on the Amazon site. This has created significant issues where it looks as though we are selling products at a ridiculously low price. This is of course not the case. Amazon has acknowledged the issue and is currently fixing it. PC Universe did not in any way price these items in this way and does not intend to ever misrepresent our company in this way.

That being stated, we are offering the following to help alleviate some of this issue.

If you received the wrong product. We will issue an RMA (credit) via Amazon which in turn they will issue to you. Secondly, we will offer you a coupon for $10 off a $50 order via the PC Universe website.

Thirdly, if appropriate we will issue a call tag to have the wrong item picked up and brought back.

We again are very sorry for any inconvenience that this experience has caused you and will look forward to doing business with you in the future.

Sincerely,

Matthew M. Koenig
Director of Business Development
PC Universe
www.pcuniverse.com
800-973-7155
ivanw
Zealot

Postby -jeffB » 07 Dec 2006, 16:58

I just received a copy of the same form letter ivanw got. Oh, well.
-jeffB (Jeff Brandenburg, Durham, NC, USA)
-jeffB
Regular

Postby jmadison » 08 Dec 2006, 03:46

I never got any of the "we're sorry" messages that anyone else got, but I did manage to bring the package back to the UPS office in my city today. I explained that I never opened the package and that I had a return number from the sender. They marked it RTS. I'm assuming that means Return To Sender. And, they wrote the return number on the package.

Apparently I can still track it with the same UPS tracking number. Hmmm... I just looked it up. Sure enough, they have it listed as a refused delivery and it's being returned to sender.

Now I just have to watch and make sure my credit card doesn't show a charge.
Touchstream LP
jmadison
Smarty Pants

Postby ivanw » 08 Dec 2006, 10:39

sarcasm: :wink:
      You see, where there is money, there is life! This thread is becoming one of the most prolific ones.
Anyway all this will have demonstrated how Fingerworks devices can draw attention from those who had a chance to realize how valuable they are... :roll:

Hey Wayne, how are you doing?
ivanw
Zealot

Previous

Return to Marketplace