[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
fingerfans.dreamhosters.com • View topic - Where did fingerworks go. Investigation

Where did fingerworks go. Investigation

Facts, rumors, speculations about the past, present and future of FingerWorks.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Where did fingerworks go. Investigation

Postby isaacs » 21 Oct 2005, 18:35

isaacs
Regular

Postby VaderPi » 25 Oct 2005, 19:00

VaderPi
Regular

I'm also interested to know what you find out...

Postby goldfish » 26 Oct 2005, 07:30

Last edited by goldfish on 26 Oct 2005, 17:58, edited 3 times in total.
goldfish
Familiar

Postby ivanw » 26 Oct 2005, 09:36

ivanw
Zealot

Postby Rqyteqto » 26 Oct 2005, 20:46

Invent the Future
Rqyteqto
Grizzled Veteran

Postby isaacs » 09 Dec 2005, 17:18

Hi all,
I still have not forgotten about my quest to find fingerworks but I got a new job so I have not been able to pursue it as much as I would have liked. I just stubled across this again this morning. I know the lemur has been talked about before but I am pretty sure it doesn't use fingerworks technology. It requires a 20 Newton force to activate it. It does do multi finger gestures though so maybe it is similar.
http://www.jazzmutant.com/lemur_faq.php
Keep on searching, we'll find it someday.
Isaac.S
isaacs
Regular

Postby Rqyteqto » 09 Dec 2005, 19:16

That is certainly one sweet little board, though if you think Fingerworks are a bit orugh on the finances, these little doggies redefine the concept.

I don't see much of FW/TS in these beauties (its more object oriented, less gesture based) and the touch mechanism is apparently completely different, plus you have the visual feedback which is really sensational.

I'd love to have one of these to play with. Forget music, think of everything else they could be applied to.

I don't think there's any question about it, there is definitely a desire to improve on the keyboard/mouse input and there's a lot of folks working on it.
Invent the Future
Rqyteqto
Grizzled Veteran

Meaningless nonsense re: Fingerworks

Postby goldfish » 19 Jan 2006, 05:56

goldfish
Familiar

Postby ken gray » 19 Jan 2006, 14:14

ken gray
Site Admin

Postby ivanw » 20 Jan 2006, 10:39

+1
goldfish, your report would pretty well fit in a page of its own in the .
I know, easier said than done :wink: but you won't be alone for long in this quest.
ivanw
Zealot

Postby goldfish » 20 Jan 2006, 23:53

goldfish
Familiar

Postby ivanw » 21 Jan 2006, 01:07

Here is the PDF:
ivanw
Zealot

Postby goldfish » 21 Jan 2006, 01:19

Interesting. The PDF you posted says "revision B," 4/14/2005. The google cache is "revision A," 10/15/2004. The cache of revision A has the Patent warning mentioning Westerman and Elias in the introduction, the revision B doesn't.
goldfish
Familiar

Postby jmadison » 23 Jan 2006, 20:59

Touchstream LP
jmadison
Smarty Pants

Postby Louis » 15 Feb 2006, 14:51

Mmmm. Combine this with and rumours of a touch-screen virtual click wheel in Apple's next video iPod ... I can't wait to see what comes from this. Especially after seeing other research with multi-touch screens - http://mrl.nyu.edu/~jhan/ftirtouch/ has a great video - and other Apple dreams, like the video I first saw about two years ago. Even though Vista has better handwriting recognition and a better Media Center interface, with TV and Xbox, I wouldn't put it past Apple to try something oddball and win, like with the iPod and iTunes.

Now if only I could have some of that natural language processing in the Apple concept video ... sigh.
Louis

Further Proof!

Postby only120xs » 23 May 2006, 18:09

only120xs

...latest lifesign

Postby ivanw » 20 Jun 2006, 00:47

Found some recent trace of existence there:

[url=http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/com/sol/og/2006/week12/patreis.htm]Image United States Patent and Trademark Office
Reissue Applications Filed - OG Date: 21 March 2006[/url]

...see 10th record
ivanw
Zealot

Re: ...latest lifesign

Postby -jeffB » 20 Jun 2006, 14:53

He's not dead yet!

I seem to recall that the lead time on patent processing can be several years, so I'm not sure how significant this really is. I wonder if it'll be possible to track assignment of this patent -- since FingerWorks doesn't exactly exist any more ("Address unknown"?), will it be assigned to Apple?
-jeffB (Jeff Brandenburg, Durham, NC, USA)
-jeffB
Regular

Wayne Westerman at Apple

Postby goldfish » 10 Sep 2006, 07:08

goldfish
Familiar

Postby ken gray » 10 Sep 2006, 21:10

ken gray
Site Admin

Re: Oh dear.

Postby TorbenGB » 15 Sep 2006, 19:28

TorbenGB