Game mode

Comments specifically about using the FW products as input devices for gaming.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Game mode

Postby thenn » 29 Nov 2005, 19:18

This is just a quick question. I use my TS for Guild Wars an online RPG. I cannot use the mouse as much since I have bursitis and tendonitis in my right arm. Sometimes the TS is a little glitchy, but other than that it works great. If I invert my left click to be done by my thumb, it will not work as well. I think it is because the game itself uses the left click to change the camera movement, I'll look into the options for the game. One other problem I have been facing is that my brand new computer will crash on me when the TS is connected during game play. Say in the game I am moving from town to town my computer screen will go completely nuts like it froze on a kaleidoscope or something, but the music will be playing correctly. I will not be able to do anything except restart the computer or sometimes if I am lucky I can press alt + tab to minimize the screen. I then unplug the USB for the TS, and plug back in. Sometimes this works mostly not though. If anyone has had a similar experience, and knows a fix it would be appreciated. The above problem occurs randomly, unfortunately I cannot pinpoint when it will occur.
thenn
Smarty Pants

Postby thenn » 05 Dec 2005, 14:25

I have fixed the problem with computer freezing, but it's not a great fix. My games when switching from town to town and such are now played in 1/2 window on my desktop. For some reason having the non maximized game, the TS can function properly.
thenn
Smarty Pants

Postby ivanw » 05 Dec 2005, 17:54

thenn wrote:I have fixed the problem with computer freezing, but it's not a great fix...

It's like homeopathy, the more you believe in it, the more it's likely to work fine. May the force be with you... But I see you are suspicious, that won't work for long :roll:
God knows,, you need positive vibrations to get a Windows platform up and running. So keep your faith strong and keep on :!:
I would more seriously consider a sneeze nearby being the cause than a poor guilty keyboard.
In fact I have really nothing serious to say here, sorry for the wrong spirit but I could not help it :wink:
ivanw
Zealot

Postby thenn » 05 Dec 2005, 18:28

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm just glad I'm not talking to myself anymore. As you can see by the previous post. I did reply to myself.
thenn
Smarty Pants

Postby Rqyteqto » 06 Dec 2005, 05:09

Welcome thenn, talking to yourself and especially replying to your own posts is a very good sign.

Most everything works better the more you believe in it. That said, its best to provide plenty of soft padding below you when you try to fly using the Hitchhiker (forgetting to hit the ground when you fall down) method, just in case, though I am told that may inhibit your ability to forget that you are hitting the ground, so maybe have somebody sneak the padding into place when you aren't looking.
Invent the Future
Rqyteqto
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Gaming Mode