Cleaning the surface?

Comments specifically about gestures and mouse actions - on any FW product.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Cleaning the surface?

Postby TorbenGB » 22 Sep 2006, 10:53

The surface of my FW devices seems to have gotten dirty over the months. I've never cleaned it, merely wiping the dust off at intervals.

I've seen postings about U.S. cleaning products (Lysol), but I'm wondering if anybody can point me to products in Europe? Specifically in Austria, but that's not a must.
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby jmadison » 22 Sep 2006, 15:33

Not specifically European, but try this:

I like to use Isopropyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol) to clean the surface of my TS. Basically I will wet a cotton ball with the alcohol and gently rub the surface. It cleans residue, catching it in the cotton fibers, and it evaporates quickly without leaving any sort of film that other cleaners may leave.
Touchstream LP
jmadison
Smarty Pants

Postby RAFH » 23 Sep 2006, 02:20

For a quick cleaning, a couple of times a day, I use 3M high performance cleaning cloths without anything. They are amazing. I use them to clean my LCD screens and almost everything else that requires a bit of care but needs to get clean. Only cautions are they do pick up other stuff which can then scratch surfaces you are cleaning but you can wash them thousands of times and don't use a lot of pressure, better many passes than one hard pass.

For serious cleaning, I use a light isopropyl solution that I was given for my specially anti-glare coated glasses and the tissue wipes that came with it. Its distributed by Luxottica Retail, called the 'I-Series'. They do market in the EU, says so right on the box. Sort of a grayish blue on a sort of blueish gray packaging. Its very good.
Invent the Future
RAFH
Enthusiast

Postby Will » 01 Oct 2006, 12:33

I simply use wet hankies.
Will
Familiar

Return to Mousing and Gesturing