[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
fingerfans.dreamhosters.com • View topic - Absolute mode

Absolute mode

Comments specifically about gestures and mouse actions - on any FW product.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Absolute mode

Postby jm duchenne » 13 Apr 2006, 14:27

Hi,

I've bought a iGesture pad last year but actually don't use it because I need it to work in absolute mode instead of mouse mode.

I remember that someone has written that it might be possible, but I don't remember where, perhaps on the previous FW forum...

Does anybody knows if there is a chance to be possible ?

Even the possibility to define small absolute zones to send keystrokes would be useful, but I'm not a programmer.

This pad is (was) certainly a good product, but has no interest for me in relative mode (audio softwares and plugins control). I have payed a lot for it (shippment to France + taxes !) but perhaps I can sell it if there is no hope :( ?

Thanks !
jm duchenne

Postby ivanw » 13 Apr 2006, 20:27

ivanw
Zealot

Postby jm duchenne » 14 Apr 2006, 09:35

Astonishing !!!
I can't believe that this has not been widely shown and exploited ?

I supposed that something like this was made internally to be able to do gestures...
The contact example is EXACTLY what I've hoped to find when buying the iGesture, and is also exactly what we can see in the multitouch demo videos.
The iGesture CAN do it... but if I understand well there is actually no way to use it ?
It's really a shame.
It could be the ultimate controller for realtime audio/video.

So I will keep mine, and pray that some programmer will have the time / knowledge to make something (HID controller ?)...

Thanks for the answer !
jm duchenne

Postby ivanw » 14 Apr 2006, 10:40

ivanw
Zealot

Postby jmadison » 14 Apr 2006, 14:44

Touchstream LP
jmadison
Smarty Pants

Postby ivanw » 14 Apr 2006, 15:27

ivanw
Zealot

Postby Rqyteqto » 14 Apr 2006, 21:35

ivanw, have no fear for your afterlife, any, even the least, good done for FW technology will more than cancel out any demerits incurred for working with/on Windows. Its the principle of the greater good and anything that coolacizes FW products more than they already are is more than just cause for sainthood or whatever nomenclature your particular belief system annoints their holiest with.

Unfortunately, in mine (or lack thereof), there are no such annointments or titles. However I would still consider you to be a really swell guy, a gentleman and a scholar even. Then again, I already do.
Invent the Future
Rqyteqto
Grizzled Veteran

Postby ivanw » 15 Apr 2006, 12:29

ivanw
Zealot

Return to Mousing and Gesturing