I'm using an iGesture NumPad (firmware 1.6 on WinXP Pro SP2). Most of the time, the pad works as it should: two-finger pointing, index is left-button, pinkie is right, and thumb is middle. It's a new device, I bought it new only a few months ago, and it has worked fine until recently. I haven't done any obvious pc-setup changes or anything else that might damage the pad (transporting it, hitting it, etc.).
Once in a while it "flips" so that index is right-button, pinkie is left, and thumb is also right. It can start acting like this in the middle of a working session, so it's not static because I walk around, or some (un)intentional software configuration change. I just mouse around, and the next time I click, it does the wrong button.
- I then need to work "left-handed"; using the pinkie for left instead.
- Checking the FW tools' Feature Selector, the "Thumb/Index/Pinky Clicking" is still "enabled outside game mode" and it is still set up with the proper fingers.
- Also, the settings to "swap left/right" and "swap middle/right" are OFF.
- Doing a "palm" gesture to reset it won't change anything; it just goes on being flipped.
- [ edit: ] the system diagnostics also don't show anything awry; firmware v1.6 is there and no bad sensors or such.
After some time, it may flip back to normal again, and leave me puzzled about the reason.
I don't know what to do to make this stop. How can I find out what's going on, and how can I prevent this from happening again?