problem with igesture driver

Comments specifically about the mousepad devices.

Moderator: The00Dustin

problem with igesture driver

Postby brandon » 29 Mar 2011, 03:35

i tried installing my igesture pad after years of having it stored away. windows 7 installed the drivers automatically and it's working fine, however when i reboot my computer i need to reinstall the driver to get it to work again. anyone know why this is or have suggestions to fix the problem?
brandon

Re: problem with igesture driver

Postby srunquist » 13 Apr 2011, 13:18

Did you find a solution? I intend to use a pad with Windows 7 but haven't done it yet.
srunquist
Hang-around

Postby cradle » 07 Jul 2011, 10:02

hi, did you put Xwinder in your autostartup ???!!!!! In mine Win7 works great. Allas can not update the board anymore with new keys. does somebody know a solution for that??
cradle
Hang-around

Postby TorbenGB » 10 Jul 2011, 18:48

My experience is that "it just works" even on Win7, and the drivers don't reinstall themselves all the time. However, the configuration does not work on Win7 -- that's a confirmed fact unfortunately. The only real solution for the configuration software is to run in an older OS like Win XP. So you could either dual-boot your machine, or you could run WinXP inside a "virtual machine" inside Win7. Read more here.

To try to fix your reinstalling drivers, you could try to boot and then plug in the device, let it install drivers if needed. Then, go into Device Manager and remove (not just disable) the device. Then, remove the device and reboot. After reboot, plug in the device and let it reinstall again. It should now be the last time it does so...
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Return to Mouse: iGesture products