igesture keyboard with numpad.

Comments specifically about the mousepad devices.

Moderator: The00Dustin

igesture keyboard with numpad.

Postby thenn » 05 Dec 2005, 20:22

My keyboard hub for my igesture numpad broke. Actually the connection is failed. (Trying to re solder later) The numpad is still working, but I did notice something strange when I was trying to pry the darn thing off the worthless keyboard. They reuse material for each product. On the bottom on the numpad there is a burgundy TS skin. Just thought this was a funny occurrence. Kind of like cannibalism but with electronics. Must be some sort of electrostatic material. You all would know better than me. I'll try to post a pic of it.
thenn
Smarty Pants

Postby thenn » 06 Dec 2005, 22:58

I just detached my numpad from the usb keyboard. Everything is working fine. Pic of the gruesome site. PM me with an email if you want a pic. Also, the back of the numpad has a ts skin, kinda cool.
thenn
Smarty Pants

Postby ivanw » 07 Dec 2005, 00:35

It works :!: I gave it a try before I would tell you that because I had no success till now...
You can go to the DownloadArea of the Wiki to upload your pictures for the record.
ivanw
Zealot

Postby Rqyteqto » 07 Dec 2005, 05:14

I wanna see, I wanna see!

All the touchstreamy gore all the time.

Actually I am just too chicken to even think of opening mine up but I am curious as can be about what it looks like in there.
Invent the Future
Rqyteqto
Grizzled Veteran

Postby thenn » 07 Dec 2005, 20:18

I will be posting the pics soon. Just need to gain access for wiki
thenn
Smarty Pants

Postby TP Diffenbach » 15 Dec 2005, 18:23

thenn, have you posted the pictures?
TP Diffenbach
Familiar

No

Postby thenn » 15 Dec 2005, 18:44

Sorry to everyone, I have tried multiple times to post pics of my modified numpad, but I keep getting an error when I upload the file. If someone wants the pics I'll be happy to sent through e-mail, maybe you will have a easier time posting them.
thenn
Smarty Pants

Re: No

Postby ivanw » 15 Dec 2005, 19:14

thenn wrote:... I keep getting an error when I upload the file.
  • I just tried and - this time - I could not either... :?:
ivanw
Zealot

Postby TorbenGB » 16 Dec 2005, 11:21

Sorry for your troubles!! Please send the pics to me at torben (at) g-b.dk and I'll post them.
I'll also try to figure out why you can't post! That's annoying for you...
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby TorbenGB » 16 Dec 2005, 15:22

I've posted the pictures under the LookInside topic.
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby thenn » 16 Dec 2005, 16:01

Thanks for posting the pictures. You can see in picture "After3", part of the back of the numpad has a TouchStream skin. I'm debating on pulling the skin off the numpad. I know everyone wants me to, so we can see what the insides look like, but I'm still debating.
thenn
Smarty Pants

Postby TorbenGB » 16 Dec 2005, 16:10

I agree that the backside in the third picture looks weird. It doesn't appear to be the full surface of a TS, only a small piece of it (left side of a Qwerty TS surface).

How odd that they used "scraps", and that they used simple tape to secure it. So low tech -- and for what exactly?? Does it just protect the printed circuit board, or does it do anything else?

What happens if you just pull off the piece of tape? Does the piece come loose? What's underneath it?
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby thenn » 16 Dec 2005, 17:31

The electric tape holding on the TS skin is not a big deal, but the TS skin is also held on by type of rubber cement. I kind of don’t want to tear the whole thing apart, but my curiosity is getting the better of me.
thenn
Smarty Pants

Postby Rqyteqto » 17 Dec 2005, 01:01

The scene is tense. With spotlights trained high up on the ledge, thenn paces relentlessly back and forth, the anxious crowd hushing every time he stops momentarily to look down on them or gaze off in space.

Wait, there's a rising murmur from the crowd, apparently egged on by a crazy guy wearing a hawaiian shirt, can't make it out quite. Ok, its gathering volume, its ... ... can't quite get it yet ... ... ok, yes, its getting louder and louder ... ... yes, the crowd is shouting now over and over, louder and louder: "Open It ... Open It ... OPEN It ... OPEN IT!" Again and again, louder and louder, the refrain is drowning out the night. Its becoming overwhelming!

By god, I think he's going to do it, yes, he's stopped pacing ... and ... staring intently down at the crowd ... ..., he's slowly pulling out his screwdriver and the chanting has stopped, leaving an eerie silence ... ... yes, yes ... ... he's cracking it open.

Oh ... ... OH ... ... OH! the humanity of it all!

Hopefully well get a good shot of the insides now.
Invent the Future
Rqyteqto
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Mouse: iGesture products