Finally bought a FW product

Comments specifically about the mousepad devices.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Finally bought a FW product

Postby thenn » 08 Sep 2005, 18:08

I just bought a FW number pad. I can't wait for the keyboard+num pad to arrive. My RSI is tightening up just thinking about it. I got the item off ebay for buy it now 150.00 I think that's a good price, but does anyone know how to get it off the keyboard?
thenn
Smarty Pants

Postby Rqyteqto » 08 Sep 2005, 18:58

Cripes! You dog, you. What happened there, did you contact the seller or did the seller contact you?

I was eyeing that bugger, expected it to go up to at least $200. You got a more than fair price. Congrats!

As for separating it from the keyboard, not sure about that. Never seen one in person so I have no idea of how its assembled. If you do get it separated, you'll probably have to work out some sort of connection.

Then again, do you really need to separate it? Might be more hassle than its worth and what the heck, you do need the rest of the keyboard anyway.

Please, let us all know how it turns out and please, please, please, take pictures, lots of pictures that you post for the rest of us.
Invent the Future
Rqyteqto
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry

Postby thenn » 08 Sep 2005, 19:30

Yes I did contact the seller. The number pad is connected to the keyboard via glue and USB. Finally I will definitely take pictures, and if I am unable to use the number pad for some reason, I will sell to you, because you were looking too. The seller on ebay said it was never used, only hooked up to a computer once to check it, and it would come with a manual, but no software. They probable used the software for another number pad or something. I will keep you posted, should arrive 09/12/2005.

I am still looking for a Touchstream LP or ST.
thenn
Smarty Pants

Postby Rqyteqto » 09 Sep 2005, 03:36

Ain't we all.

If you need a utility disk, let me know, PM or whatever. I just picked up two iGesture pads so I have extra and I also have my trusty old TS8 and its software as well.

Be sure to check out the other sections, some of the other folks have a wiki ir something like going for the software and xml set up.

I looked harder at that board you got, it does look like there is a cable off the pad to the board, if so, you should have no trouble at all.

Good luck.
Invent the Future
Rqyteqto
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Mouse: iGesture products