Arrows keys?

Comments specifically about the mousepad devices.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Arrows keys?

Postby daniel1113 » 16 Jun 2005, 04:50

Hey guys,

I just got my iGesture in the mail, and although it has been easy to adapt to the gestures since I am coming from a TouchStream, I cannot figure out the arrow key gestures. According to the documentation, I should be able to use a single finger gesture to act as arrow keys, but it doesn't work. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance for any help!
Daniel M. Carrico
www.danielcarrico.com
daniel1113[at]comcast[dot]net
daniel1113
Familiar

Postby TorbenGB » 16 Jun 2005, 08:27

There's a difference between iGesture pads and the TouchStream keyboard. I'm not sure about the iGesture, but the keyboard by default is like this:
right hand two fingers = mousing
right hand three fingers = dragging
left hand two fingers = cursoring (arrows)
left hand three fingers = selection (shift + arrows)
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby daniel1113 » 16 Jun 2005, 15:11

Yes, I realize that is the combination for the keyboard. However, since you only use one hand with the iGesture, the arrow key gestures have been modified for single handed input. Unfortunately, as I stated in my original post, I cannot get the supposed one finger gesture to work properly.
Daniel M. Carrico
www.danielcarrico.com
daniel1113
Familiar

Postby aegis » 17 Jun 2005, 07:48

I have a Mini which uses single handed gestures. The cursor is a single finger slide. It took me a bit of getting used to after my TS.

Make sure that you are sliding your finger as you touch the surface so that it is not misinterpreted as a key tap.

Daniel.
aegis
Regular

Postby daniel1113 » 17 Jun 2005, 14:57

The documentation must be wrong, then. Since, as you stated, a single finger slide acts as the cursor, not arrow key input.
Daniel M. Carrico
www.danielcarrico.com
daniel1113
Familiar

Postby coathanger » 23 Jun 2005, 20:03

In one of the later 1.5x firmware updates they turned on single finger pointing, while keeping two finger pointing. To use arrow keys, one must use two fingers spaced out or two fingers separated by a finger in the middle. I think the spacing depends on how you have your hand size set in the Multitouch Utility.
coathanger

Widely separated two fingers does the trick

Postby staygood » 24 Jun 2005, 09:36

coathanger wrote:In one of the later 1.5x firmware updates they turned on single finger pointing, while keeping two finger pointing. To use arrow keys, one must use two fingers spaced out or two fingers separated by a finger in the middle. I think the spacing depends on how you have your hand size set in the Multitouch Utility.

Wow! That works for me; I was wondering about the arrow key gesture on the iGesture.
staygood
Familiar

Re: Arrow keys?

Postby srunquist » 14 Mar 2012, 19:56

coathanger wrote:In one of the later 1.5x firmware updates they turned on single finger pointing, while keeping two finger pointing. To use arrow keys, one must use two fingers spaced out or two fingers separated by a finger in the middle. I think the spacing depends on how you have your hand size set in the Multitouch Utility.

I'm glad this was posted and the board has been maintained! I bought an iGesture but didn't get the documentation. I was used to the NumPad previously but some gestures didn't work as I remembered and as documented for the NumPad. This post solved one of the gestures I was missing. And this version of the Quick Reference Guide (http://fingerfans.dreamhosters.com/download/file.php?id=5) solved the other (OK/enter).
srunquist
Hang-around

Re: Arrow keys?

Postby TorbenGB » 14 Mar 2012, 20:44

srunquist wrote:I'm glad this was posted and the board has been maintained!

Thank you! It's stories like this that make it all worth the effort!
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Re: Arrows keys?

Postby nomaded » 21 Mar 2012, 20:23

Huh. I didn't realize they changed the behavior of the arrow keys vs mouse pointer.
@nomaded

TouchStream Mini - February 26, 2002 - Sold
TouchStream Stealth - March 18, 2002 - Windows 7 Ultimate (home)
TouchStream MacNTouch (white) - July 23, 2003 - Retired
TouchStream LP - March 31, 2004 - In storage
TouchStream MacNTouch (silver) - December 1, 2004 - In storage
Stenovations Digitouch (dvorak) - 2007 - Windows 7 Ultimate (work)
Stenovations Digitouch (dvorak) - 2007 - In storage
nomaded
Smarty Pants

Return to Mouse: iGesture products