Tutorial: Creating a customization library

Official and 3rd party downloads that aren't software: manuals, press photos, and other documentation

Moderator: The00Dustin

Forum rules
This area is intended for software documentation only -- use the Support Central for support discussions!
If you have additional downloads that we can host, please attach them here or send them to torben@g-b.dk!

Tutorial: Creating a customization library

Postby ivanw » 25 Feb 2007, 21:41

This is the first attempt to come up with a tutorial about how to better organize a customization. Currently, if you send some monolithic user.xml customization file, this would be some heterogeneous mixture that nobody can use without disrupting one's own adjustments. The goal is to do that in such a way you can share specialized gestures more easily.

Please don't hesitate to signal any mistake or any faulty comments you would discover. More to come from any questions for details and any suggestion is welcome.

Here is a collection of slides that I would like some comments on (candidate for a Wiki page entry.)

edit: made clear you need to load your customization file first at step #6
Last edited by ivanw on 16 Apr 2008, 21:44, edited 2 times in total.
ivanw
Zealot

Postby drew » 26 Feb 2007, 14:34

wow interesting! I think the thing that was screwing me up was not starting with the default settings. I will give it a shot again when I get a chance and let you know how it goes.

thanks,
drew
drew
Regular

Return to Manuals, PDFs, images