Inverted scrolling

Official drivers, editors, and additional software from FingerWorks.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Forum rules
This area is intended for software downloads only -- use the Support Central for support discussions!
If you have additional downloads that we can host, please attach them here or send them to torben@g-b.dk!

Inverted scrolling

Postby nomaded » 22 Feb 2012, 02:06

As much as I find the idea of the "natural" scrolling that's part of OS X Lion to be very odd, I think I would like to give it a try. Does anyone have a suggestion to invert the scroll up/down directions via the MultiTouch Utilities?
@nomaded

TouchStream Mini - February 26, 2002 - Sold
TouchStream Stealth - March 18, 2002 - Windows 7 Ultimate (home)
TouchStream MacNTouch (white) - July 23, 2003 - Retired
TouchStream LP - March 31, 2004 - In storage
TouchStream MacNTouch (silver) - December 1, 2004 - In storage
Stenovations Digitouch (dvorak) - 2007 - Windows 7 Ultimate (work)
Stenovations Digitouch (dvorak) - 2007 - In storage
nomaded
Smarty Pants

Re: Inverted scrolling

Postby TorbenGB » 22 Feb 2012, 20:47

I'm surprised to hear this question coming from you -- I would imagine it's a fairly simple task?

I would try finding the four-finger swipe-up or swipe-down in the default configuration and edit the action associated with the gesture, just pick the opposite direction for each gesture. I'm sure you already tried that though?

I haven't got the FW software installed (damn you, Windows 7) so I can't confirm my assumption. But I hope it will work!
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Re: Inverted scrolling

Postby nomaded » 22 Feb 2012, 21:13

TorbenGB wrote:I'm surprised to hear this question coming from you -- I would imagine it's a fairly simple task?

I would try finding the four-finger swipe-up or swipe-down in the default configuration and edit the action associated with the gesture, just pick the opposite direction for each gesture. I'm sure you already tried that though?

I haven't got the FW software installed (damn you, Windows 7) so I can't confirm my assumption. But I hope it will work!

Heh.

You'd think it'd be that easy, but it's not. The right hand, 4-finger swipe up/down is mapped to an Event Macro named "Scroll" with an action of "Mouse Pointer". I can't even make a new Event Macro that will work like "Scroll". I'm curious if anyone has actually tried this before and had any ideas. I'm not even sure where to start.
@nomaded

TouchStream Mini - February 26, 2002 - Sold
TouchStream Stealth - March 18, 2002 - Windows 7 Ultimate (home)
TouchStream MacNTouch (white) - July 23, 2003 - Retired
TouchStream LP - March 31, 2004 - In storage
TouchStream MacNTouch (silver) - December 1, 2004 - In storage
Stenovations Digitouch (dvorak) - 2007 - Windows 7 Ultimate (work)
Stenovations Digitouch (dvorak) - 2007 - In storage
nomaded
Smarty Pants

Return to FingerWorks official software