Swap Qwerty layout for Dvorak

Comments specifically about the keyboard devices.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Swap Qwerty layout for Dvorak

Postby ccompbell107 » 16 Dec 2006, 16:27

Has anyone tried to swap out a Qwerty board for a Dvorak?
ccompbell107
Familiar

Postby RAFH » 17 Dec 2006, 08:30

What do you mean by swap out.

You can change the virtual layout via software.

Changing the layout on the board, the actual graphics on the board doesn't appear to be replaceable. There are no replacement graphics available though some forum members have generated the graphics and if you could print it on suitable material you could insert it.
Invent the Future
RAFH
Enthusiast

Postby ccompbell107 » 17 Dec 2006, 12:38

I wanted to change the actual touchpad so that it was the dvorak keys on top. I had one member tell me about printing the keys on high gloss paper which might work. I was curious if anyone knew about the actual electronics underlying the top touchpad. I had a DVORAK board that short circuited out last month and wondered if I could take that touchpad and exchange it with the used QWERTY I just bought. For the price I paid, I didn't want to ruin the working one by trying to do something stupid. Thankfully, I did know I can change the virtual layout or I wouldn't have invested in the QWERTY.

(Call it slightly geeky, but I justed wanted it to look like a dvorak board. I have an office mate that doesn't know anything about dvorak and at least that way she could have hunted and pecked for the right keys if she needed to use the keyboard.)
ccompbell107
Familiar

Postby ivanw » 17 Dec 2006, 12:42

Many pages are still on-line you can't access from any of the few public entries left.

But I managed to save a link to this layout page in the FingerWoks Web site: U.S. Layouts.
ivanw
Zealot

Postby ccompbell107 » 17 Dec 2006, 13:13

Thank you!!!!
ccompbell107
Familiar

Return to Keyboards: TouchStream, MacNTouch, Digitouch, Mini