Touchstream schematics

Comments specifically about the keyboard devices.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Touchstream schematics

Postby thenn » 13 Mar 2006, 20:18

I think I may have just stumbled onto the Touchstream schematics. I do not really know how to read a schematic. I will be showing a copy to an electrical engineer buddy, to see if he can make sense out of it. I will let you know our findings.
thenn
Smarty Pants

Postby thenn » 13 Mar 2006, 20:23

Sorry I forgot to include where I found it.

Goto http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6888536.html

Click the PDF to view the patent. It's on the first couple of pages.
OH yea, I was having trouble opening the PDF from the website, you may have to open an account.

If anyone else can make sense of this Patent Number 6888536, please let us know.
thenn
Smarty Pants

Postby ivanw » 13 Mar 2006, 22:32

This is a very good start as there are more technical information than usual in this patent. :) Westerman's PhD Dissertation did not give any of there component level details.

Block diagrams and some stages schematics can be enough to understand what the hardware contains. If the goal is to be able to repair a non working device, we still have to set up a diagnostic procedure. Unless we can find the genuine maintenance documents, we now have to look for the following information:
ivanw
Zealot

Postby Rqyteqto » 14 Mar 2006, 21:07

Wow, thenn, this is a find. congrats and hoorahs all around.
On the spare chip end of things, I have received a response from one of the companies, the one that had 6 chips. They are priced at $6 each. Probably a rip off, if that was the real price the TS boards would have cost twice as much.

However, beggars can't be choosers. I will hopefully be able to have these in hand shortly.

Still working on the others and will keep you informed.
Invent the Future
Rqyteqto
Grizzled Veteran

Postby ivanw » 14 Mar 2006, 21:57

This makes a half TS's group of 32 chips worth 192$ (unless they are dead of course.) :roll: :roll: :roll:
ivanw
Zealot

Postby -jeffB » 03 May 2006, 19:24

Rqyteqto wrote:Wow, thenn, this is a find. congrats and hoorahs all around.
On the spare chip end of things, I have received a response from one of the companies, the one that had 6 chips. They are priced at $6 each. Probably a rip off, if that was the real price the TS boards would have cost twice as much.

They'll quote you a better price if you want to buy 10K of them, like FingerWorks presumably did. :-)
-jeffB (Jeff Brandenburg, Durham, NC, USA)
-jeffB
Regular

Return to Keyboards: TouchStream, MacNTouch, Digitouch, Mini