Mountain Lion?

Comments specifically about the keyboard devices.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Mountain Lion?

Postby V Silly » 01 Aug 2012, 18:44

Hello all, I have a MacNTouch and just bought a new MacBook Air with Mountain Lion. I was reading the thread regarding how to recompile the multitouch utilities. I am not a programmer and have no idea how to compile software or use the scripts provided. I am wondering if anyone has created a compiled version that will run in mountain lion? Is this available in the forums? I depend on my keyboard and hope I can keep using it… thanks very much!
V Silly

Re: Mountain Lion?

Postby TorbenGB » 01 Aug 2012, 23:51

I think you won't be able to get the FingerWorks software to run normally from within the new Mac OS version because the software relies on a version of Java that is no longer supported by the newer OS'es.

But there's a solution! (I think.) Look at this thread to see how to set up a virtual computer running on your actual computer -- and you can install an older OS on that which does support the old FingerWorks software.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2861

Running a virtual machine works on any OS, and you can load any OS onto that virtual machine that you want so it doesn't have to be an old Windows XP (which you might not have) but you could also load an old version of Mac OS instead.
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby V Silly » 01 Aug 2012, 23:56

Thank you for the reply, I actually have VMware with Windows XP installed. So I guess I can use that, good idea.
V Silly

Postby jeffspet » 18 Aug 2014, 00:10

Another solution is to go on ebay and buy a Mac mini with an old version of Mac OS on it. You can pick up an old mac mini for around $50. You only need the Mac mini when you want to program the keyboard and it can also run any old mac programs you have.
jeffspet

Return to Keyboards: TouchStream, MacNTouch, Digitouch, Mini