This device's gest. conf. seems to be missing!!

Comments specifically about the keyboard devices.

Moderator: The00Dustin

This device's gest. conf. seems to be missing!!

Postby cradle » 08 Apr 2012, 13:40

PLease help me !!
After many tries under VirtualBox in WinXP, I did not succeed to change some macros in my completely working LP kayboard (2004 !!). It is so valuable to me and I try very hard to keep it alive just like you all.

Now I installed the FW Gesture editor on an old computer with a working XP:"
Uploading my previously made configuration file (on another computer) destroyed the definitions in my keyboard and made it not responding anymore...nothing works, no characters, no gestures.

So instead of changing some mail adresses and telephone numbers I finished with nothing at all.

Trying to upload the default definition does not work too and gives the same error message:
--This device's gesture configuration seems to be missing!
--Try to replugging or upgrading it again.

The version software on my cd = 1.42, my keyboard seems to be ver. 1.6 and during upload the version changed always to 1.8.

Anybody a suggestion how to proceed??

thanks !!
\
cradle
Hang-around

Re: This device's gest. conf. seems to be missing!!

Postby The00Dustin » 09 Apr 2012, 03:30

That's scary. Can you try re-installing the 1.6 firmware?
The00Dustin
Grizzled Veteran

Postby cradle » 09 Apr 2012, 12:08

I think you are right: in one pc I managed thanks to Win_FingerworksMultiTouchUtilitiessetup160.exe to upgrade my software. And then ALLL WORKED WELL AND I GOT MY LP WORKING AGAIN.
Then I immediately started to use an old laptop do keep in the attick just for this. Alas : cleaned the laptop to minimum, uninstalled all Java and reinstalled FW from my cd (= version 1.42) trying to upgrade this again with the tool mentioned before does not work this time (Java version problem). I can not find an iso with a complete firmware version for a 1.6 keyboard. Do I have to use the Knoppix solution mentioned else?? Thanks for all the help each time.
cradle
Hang-around

Postby The00Dustin » 09 Apr 2012, 15:06

The 1.60 version that includes Java is over 20MB. It may be posted on the wiki, but that is probably down. I believe Torben has a copy, but I do as well. If you have somewhere I can send it to you, let me know.
Dustin
The00Dustin
Grizzled Veteran

Postby TorbenGB » 11 Apr 2012, 20:22

The Windows version of the software version 1.60 is here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2821
This one is without Java. I think I've got the one with Java somewhere -- uploading it has been on my to-do list for a looong time. Sorry!
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby cradle » 12 Apr 2012, 18:03

After many hours I succeeded to find good working solutions for my 2 boards in Windows 7:

My workarounds for two computers (1 old, 1 new 4core) and an old laptop.

Old computer and laptop:
Installed my old version FW = V 1.42 with special java included.
Installed Java 6.1 (latest version at this moment)
Installed Win_FingerworksMultiTouchUtilitiessetup160.exe
Connected the keyboard: diagnoses found the version 1.6 keyboard.
Updated the keyboard: Windows found the "new software" FW DFU mode, skip search of Win for drivers etc..
Updating keyboard worked well.

Second solution:
Installed a virtual PC using VMware Workstation with an XP(SP3) OS in WINDOWS 7 (4core PC).
No need of special USB connection as written elsewhere by Torben:
Switch off enabled use USB 2.0 checkbox.
Disconnect the keyboard from host (left click at found keyboard at bottom tollbar, although I am not sure this is necessary).
Follow install of FW as mentioned above.
At my surprise everything went smoothly: no need to follow complicated instruction as mentioned in instructions for VirtualBox free edition (which I did not succeed to get working).

So with your help guys I have working keyboards and properly updated layouts now: it will work for many more years now.
After so many frustrations it was not difficult at all afterwards: I have been working with the wrong software which was provided for my keyboards. It can not work with newer versions of Java (which newer version in its place is definitely installed by some other program at some moment).

Peter
cradle
Hang-around

Postby dongadoy » 12 Apr 2012, 19:41

This is great info. I'm sure it will be helpful for others, and maybe myself if I have to move to a new computer in the future. Thanks for coming back to the site and letting us know.
Touchstream LP since 1 Oct 2003
I was snow.surfer in the old world.
dongadoy
Regular

Postby TorbenGB » 11 Feb 2015, 18:14

It seems that some posts are missing from this thread. I've made a post about this problem in the "about this forum" forum. Please post any follow-ups over there.
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Return to Keyboards: TouchStream, MacNTouch, Digitouch, Mini