Dead Qwerty TouchStream LP for sale...

Comments specifically about the keyboard devices.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Dead Qwerty TouchStream LP for sale...

Postby m.lp.ql.m » 25 Dec 2011, 05:29

I figure someone could use it for parts, or maybe fix it up, resell it and make bank. Either way, hope it goes for good use. Starting at $60 plus shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0641201878
m.lp.ql.m
Hang-around

Re: Dead Qwerty TouchStream LP for sale...

Postby TorbenGB » 25 Dec 2011, 15:04

Can you define "dead" please? Can you tell us what the output of the diagnostics software is? (Doesn't run on Win7/Vista)
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby m.lp.ql.m » 26 Dec 2011, 03:28

How's this look?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reading diagnostics...

Diagnostic Report for TouchStream ST/LP ver 1.6:
ERROR: Left Sensor Row Pairs Shorted: 0 2 4 6 8 10 12 14
ERROR: Found 640 bad sensors
ERROR: Run Diagnostics again, keeping surface free of hands and liquids.
ERROR: If sensor ERRORs persist, contact support@fingerworks.com
Sometimes cleaning fluids or hands on surface can temporarily
cause a few false-positive High/Low/Noisy sensor readings below.
However, blocks of 16 or more H/L/N sensors indicate
hardware failure that must be repaired at the factory.
|0 |8 |16 |24 |32 |40 |48 |56 |64 |72 |80
0 LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL------------------------------------------
1 LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL------------------------------------------
2 LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL------------------------------------------
3 LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL------------------------------------------
4 LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL------------------------------------------
5 LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL------------------------------------------
6 LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL------------------------------------------
7 LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL------------------------------------------
8 LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL------------------------------------------
9 LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL------------------------------------------
a LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL------------------------------------------
b LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL------------------------------------------
c LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL------------------------------------------
d LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL------------------------------------------
e LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL------------------------------------------
f LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL------------------------------------------
Loaded 1243 Key/Gesture Mappings SUCCESFULLY
Keymatrix#: 32
Testing Complete.
m.lp.ql.m
Hang-around

Postby TorbenGB » 26 Dec 2011, 13:12

Because all the left-hand sensors read low (and not just some of them) it looks to me as if it's "just" the connection cable between the two cables.

With luck, perhaps it is enough to just remove and reinsert, or replace, that connection cable. The fault might be worse, though.
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby m.lp.ql.m » 27 Dec 2011, 19:40

Yea, if that's the case, I probably could start it on eBay for more than the $60 I have. If it's not the case, I probably could still list it for more than $60. I'm really at a point where I need to clean house though. Hope someone gets it and gets lucky!
m.lp.ql.m
Hang-around

Postby The00Dustin » 28 Dec 2011, 00:57

The picture on that auction is a TouchStream ST, not an LP. I don't know what is compatible between them, but I know the ribbon cable is different and removing and replacing it would probably be more of a pain, plus finding a replacement probably would too.
The00Dustin
Grizzled Veteran

Postby m.lp.ql.m » 01 Jan 2012, 00:03

OMG, you're right-- I'm so embarrassed. It's probably best this go to someone who's up on these things.
m.lp.ql.m
Hang-around

Return to Keyboards: TouchStream, MacNTouch, Digitouch, Mini