Make touchstream wireless using bluetooth

Talk about the weather, movies, whatever -- just not FW stuff.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Make touchstream wireless using bluetooth

Postby Meesters » 21 Jun 2013, 09:14

Hey,

When I was surfing the web I came across this device.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTEKN1UO8cc

It is an easy way to make your fingerworks device wireless. I wonder how long the battery will last. It says it can go up to 120 mA.

Here are the features:

•Works with the following devices: iPhone/iPad, Android phones and tablets, Windows XP/7/8 laptops/tablets. Note you phone/tablet/pc must support Bluetooth keyboard. Many low-end phones do not. Currently the adapter does NOT work with Mac. Let us know if Mac support is really important to you.
•One PS/2 keyboard port supporting any PS/2 keyboard (max current 120mA)
•One USB host port supporting most standard USB HID Keyboards (max current 120mA)
•One mini USB port for battery charging
•1100mAh removable, rechargeable Li-ion battery
•Bluetooth 2.0 compliant
•Class 2 Bluetooth Wireless (10-meter distance)
•Charging LED, Status LED and Wireless LED
•More than 10 hours continuous use per one full charge (affected by the power consumption of the keyboard used)
•Mini USB cable is included. Wall charger is NOT included. You can use any standard USB charger or plug it into a PC to charge the battery.

Meesters
Meesters
Regular

Re: Make touchstream wireless using bluetooth

Postby jmadison » 24 Jun 2013, 16:31

That's pretty cool. I wanted something like that for a long time when I was using my Touchstream on a homemade "tent" on my lap. I really wanted to be able to have freedom to swivel around in my chair without being constrained by the cord.

For quite a while now, I've been using my TS flat on my desk with a long ribbon cable. The pads have about a 12 inch separation right now as I'm typing on them. Using that bluetooth device might make it possible to mount the pads of the TS to the arms of a chair. That could be nice.
Touchstream LP
jmadison
Smarty Pants

Re: Make touchstream wireless using bluetooth

Postby Meesters » 26 Jun 2013, 08:20

At the moment I use two touchstreams one for each hand. I attached them to my chair and I'm planning to make it wireless. Bought a wireless usb hub but it still needs a battery to make it wireless. Also it has some glitches so maybe this bluetooth adapter is a good option.
Meesters
Regular

Return to Off-topic discussions