Cool hands

Talk about the weather, movies, whatever -- just not FW stuff.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Cool hands

Postby lee griggs » 30 Jun 2010, 10:33

Well, the air con has been turned down in my office and so my rsi has flared up as a result. Proof that cool air seems to help with the inflammation in my hands.

Also I think my hands have become sweatier now it is milder in the office.

Not sure what I can do to keep my hands cool. I was thinking about getting a usb desk top fan and pointing it at my hands. Ive also ordered some Freeze hand gel.

I am currently spraying my keyboard with Mr Sheen polish to keep the sweat and grime to a minimum but my fingers keep sweating and sticking to the surface. Maybe I should try something else?

I was wondering if anyone else has a similar problem and what they have found to help?

cheers,
lee
lee griggs
Smarty Pants

Postby jmadison » 30 Jun 2010, 15:28

Lee,

I find this post very interesting, as I have just the opposite experience. My RSI symptoms are aggravated by cold. I am always trying to keep my hands and arms warm. Warm and dry are the best conditions for me.

So, in the winter, I wear long sleeves, and sometimes wrist bands, or fingerless gloves. In the summer, I just try to combat the (unnecessarily cold) air conditioning by stretching and taking the occasional walk into the shop or outdoors.

Oh, there's another thing I do to deal with the moisture in the summertime. I have a small Altoid's tin at my desk with Dr. Scholl's foot powder in it. I'll dip my fingertips into the powder to dry them, and make them slide better over the TouchStream.
Touchstream LP
jmadison
Smarty Pants

Postby lee griggs » 30 Jun 2010, 15:46

RSI is a weird condititon :)

I used to use talcolm powder, but it got everywhere. I might try the foot powder.

Thanks for the tip,
Lee
lee griggs
Smarty Pants

Return to Off-topic discussions