Spam Postings

Discuss, suggest and complain about the forum itself here.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Spam Postings

Postby ken gray » 29 Jun 2006, 13:36

As some of you already know, we've been getting the occasional spam postings in the forum the past month or so. I've been deleting them as I come accross them. Yesterday, I deleted one but people were able to reply to the deleted post; strange but there you have it. So, I went ahead and deleted it as per the requests in the thread. I couldn't remove the entire thread so I had to remove them one at a time.

If you see anymore spam, please feel free to pm me. There is no need to tell me where the message is or the link to it, when I logon, the system shows me all the unread messages so I'll just start there; chances are they've hit more than once.

Thanks so much.

Ken
ken gray
Site Admin

Postby ivanw » 29 Jun 2006, 15:30

Thank you ken, it's nice to know that you care to save this forum from those sticky droppings, it helps keeping us away from surfing the brown river :o
ivanw
Zealot

Postby TorbenGB » 28 Dec 2006, 18:24

I noticed that there was a lot of spam in the wiki, too. I have now cleaned that up - whew. I am also trying to install a newer version of the wiki software (eventually). This should make it a little harder to wiki-spam.

Update: I'm also removing fake members from the forum by the hundreds. I'm being careful not to delete real users, of course!
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Return to About this forum