About membership

Discuss, suggest and complain about the forum itself here.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Please end this!

No, feel free to let us know what you discovered
25%
No, this is exciting, we need to know who did that
50%
Yes, Definitely, this is plain paranoia
No votes
Yes, Absolutely, just tell Michael Moore
25%

Total votes : 4

About membership

Postby frenchghost » 22 Jul 2005, 11:03

This is a better place for a follow-up for my post from yesterday (Remember me?).

I intend to pull this thread to report how I manage with my oblivion by the forum's database.

This happens to be more unsettling than I expected at first. :cry: I definitely wont let this remain unexplained but as I don't want to let this subject mix up with the more relevant topics discussed in other threads, I will use this one as a garbage can.

I inserted a poll to collect opinions on whether I should speak further about this or not. I think that this is good way to know if these posts are not welcome here.

I will elaborate on this when I feel like I have something to share.
I will make sure to make these posts either pure anger, genuine paranoia or vicious humor-attack as far as I can judge. :twisted:

More seriously, I will investigate the technical issue with our site admin. If it appears that the problem was pure accident, I will have to withdraw my fantasy but then I will miss an excuse to assert my claims against evil. :(

Note that associated poll can be triggered only once by the same member.
frenchghost
Hang-around

Postby frenchghost » 22 Jul 2005, 12:34

Please note: This is all :wink:

Here is the first evidence, a recent snapshot.
    * On my profile page Viewing profile :: ivanw...
    * I clicked on the link Find all posts by ivanw...
    * Result was :arrow: Search found 39 matches

You can click on the links to see the current state of the threads where my messages have been removed from by the revisionist.

Some contains only replies, those I created myself like this one: Layout design exploration
frenchghost
Hang-around

Postby TorbenGB » 22 Jul 2005, 17:18

I can only imagine your anger, and I sincerely hope you're not mad at me - I want to help and I want to stress that this didn't happen intentionally! The admins are as surprised as you are!
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby frenchghost » 22 Jul 2005, 18:31

Be assured that I cannot think that you ever could do this silly thing! :P

If this was intentional, it is way too crude to be considered a motivated retaliation. So short minded, it demands long-term fight back.

I will keep my paranoia’s opponent in mind and let him know at many occasions from now on that he was wrong when he thought he could get rid of my disturbing posts.

I tell you! This will be my fantasy in which this guy will be searching my future posts just to see that what he suppressed is just reappearing in the open. :wink:

For the time being, I bet on a not so clever marketing geek. I will elaborate some groovy scenario on that soon.

I have the ingredients at hand:
- my geek,
- the dollars he has to grow,
- his angry superior - the one upset with what's in this forum :mrgreen:
- this forum members that I could put on the stage with some costume and make-up to serve the story,
- ...and some other characters to come.
frenchghost
Hang-around

Postby TorbenGB » 22 Jul 2005, 23:41

It sounds like you believe someone (a forum member) did this to you. I hope you realize that nobody without admin rights should have* such powers and the only admins are sane enough not to use them. Also, we have no motive to stop you from posting, or to remove your posts and profile in the first place.

*) Nobody should have the power to delete anything from this forum. It's not to say that it's 100% absolutely impossible because software usually (always) has flaws, but we've made a reasonalbe effort to prevent this.

If you're serious about your paranoia, then I don't follow you.
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby frenchghost » 23 Jul 2005, 01:13

TorbenGB wrote:If you're serious about your paranoia, then I don't follow you.

I have to realize how unlikely it is for my comments about this incident to be taken as lightly as I meant them to be. What I seek from this forum is just anything but this kind of digression, a good reason for me not to provide one.

This can be the result of some rare accident, chances are the same as my being the winner of tomorrow's lotto, (and I didn’t buy any ticket)

This is not funny anymore so I will say no more about it. My last word on that will be about my disappointment to make a winner out of this possible rogue.
frenchghost
Hang-around

Return to About this forum