[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
fingerfans.dreamhosters.com • View topic - Finally a Message from FingerWorks

Finally a Message from FingerWorks

Facts, rumors, speculations about the past, present and future of FingerWorks.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Finally a Message from FingerWorks

Postby daniel1113 » 11 Jun 2005, 05:38

Daniel M. Carrico

daniel1113[at]comcast[dot]net
daniel1113
Familiar

Postby PD » 11 Jun 2005, 14:21

PD
Familiar

Postby jono » 11 Jun 2005, 17:46

jono
Familiar

Postby jono » 11 Jun 2005, 19:35

jono
Familiar

A Fingerworks explanation would be helpful

Postby barbara » 12 Jun 2005, 23:40

I too would like some sort of explanation as to what happened. The technology is good (no question there), some say the products were pricey but I don't think that was prohibitive. Lots of things are pricey, the individual just makes a decision if they think the product is worth the price - and lots of us thought so :wink:

I would really like to know if Fingerworks' products are going to be left to die out, or whether some other company is going to take over and continue the product line.

How about it Wayne - a few lines to tell us why and any future prospects would go a long way.
barbara
Familiar

Postby TorbenGB » 13 Jun 2005, 10:18

TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Ask Wayne

Postby barbara » 13 Jun 2005, 11:36

I think if we want to know specific details, we need to ask concise questions.

From my earlier reply from Wayne, I get the impression that *they* aren't/can't speak about the details of the sale/takeover of the company.

Hence the vague answer I posted from Wayne under "Shedding Light on Fingerworks". He didn't say that there would be no more multi-touch technology. And what they had developed to date would have to be worth something.

However, if anyone wants to take up the task and ask Wayne specific questions, I am sure he will answer if he can.

My speculation is that the company has been bought out (probably by Apple) and that the products/technology are too good to just abandon.

You don't win product awards - for the new Winpad - see http://www.cesweb.org/attendees/awards/ ... ategory=47 and then a few months later abandon the company. My guess is that Apple will continue with the products Fingerworks started.
barbara
Familiar

Re: Ask Wayne

Postby Max » 13 Jun 2005, 11:57

Max
Regular

Re: Ask Wayne

Postby TorbenGB » 13 Jun 2005, 13:02

TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby The Juggler » 13 Jun 2005, 16:44

The Juggler
Familiar

Postby jono » 13 Jun 2005, 18:08

jono
Familiar

Postby kirasantucci » 22 Jun 2005, 14:20

kirasantucci
Hang-around

Postby Peter70 » 22 Jun 2005, 17:52

Peter70
Familiar

Postby Peter70 » 22 Jun 2005, 19:34

Peter70
Familiar

Postby kirasantucci » 23 Jun 2005, 22:52

The left side going dead is the main issue. The ribbon between the two pieces was poorly designed. They were gonna change it when this happened. Never fold your keyboard, dispite what FW says. It will break the cable. If it does break, you can buy another one but it won't look as nice and its a bit of a pain to install, I'm told.

My issue isn't as easy. My left side works sporatically and might be due to small sudden movements from carrying it with me. I have no idea how I should even attempt to fix mine.

And yes, I agree with ivanw, I can think of a lot to say. :evil:
kirasantucci
Hang-around

Return to News about FingerWorks