Another change to FW website!

Facts, rumors, speculations about the past, present and future of FingerWorks.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Another change to FW website!

Postby gregvr » 07 Jun 2005, 11:25

Went to this morning and was actually a bit depressed.

All of the tabs at the top are gone... except for "Customer Support".

I was always in the hopeful camp for new FW products, but now? I really think it is over. I can't see why you would go to the trouble of any sort of web page redesign like this... unless the only thing that you feel is important is customer support for existing customers...

Postby PD » 07 Jun 2005, 13:15

That is depressing and does seem like it's the end. I think it's obvious that the technology will still continue to be developed by somebody, but it seems it's the end of this company. It would really make sense if Apple bought it given that they've been so reluctant to incorporate a two-button design in their trackpads/mice and given the latest powerbooks' use of two finger scrolling and backwar/forward gestures. Where did that rumour originate? I think apple would do something great with the technology, though it would be regrettable if this stuff didn't get a wider customer base.

Postby ken gray » 07 Jun 2005, 13:22

im going to dnld the firmware and software "just in case" but that is a real ugly setup....
ken gray
Site Admin

Postby -jeffB » 07 Jun 2005, 15:48

Whichever ghost is maintaining the website probably finally noticed that many of the links led to "page not found".

If you click on the CES 2005 press release link, it still takes you to the "not found" page, which incorporates a site map. Many of the links there are still live, including the link to the forums.
-jeffB (Jeff Brandenburg, Durham, NC, USA)

another change

Postby PD » 09 Jun 2005, 11:49

now they seem to have removed the customer support menu. But if you put your cursor where it used to be it still comes up. I'm amazed at how poorly this is being handled. Incredibly sad for what seems like a great product. Do they not have any obligation to existing customers?

Return to News about FingerWorks