wow - just fell over this :)

Facts, rumors, speculations about the past, present and future of FingerWorks.

Moderator: The00Dustin

wow - just fell over this :)

Postby eve » 17 Oct 2011, 17:17

I don't quite know where to post it but it is definitely news even though not Fingerworks news :)

Have a look at this movie. It is a promotional video showing the magic trackpad being used as a keyboard :)

I think I'll get this in the next few days before Apple with their <censored> patenting and paranoid thinking turns them off again.
cheers
eve
eve
Site Admin

Re: wow - just fell over this :)

Postby dongadoy » 17 Oct 2011, 18:37

Check out this vid where they talk about the patents at 2:30. Patents really are encouraging innovation :-P :lol:
Touchstream LP since 1 Oct 2003
I was snow.surfer in the old world.
dongadoy
Regular

Postby dongadoy » 17 Oct 2011, 18:46

I don't think Frogpad is a good fit for the Magic Trackpad - for two-handed people at least. The one-handed Frogpad is great for typing on one hand and mousing on the other hand. Best to just get a real Frogpad keyboard and use that alongside a Magic Trackpad or an iGesture - typing on one hand and mousing and gesturing on the other hand. And I bet the real keyboard will be better for typing compared to a trackpad.

The Soft Frogpad will be good for a multi-touch touchscreen netbook/ipad/ipod/phone. Hold the computer in one hand and type/mouse/gesture with the other hand.
Touchstream LP since 1 Oct 2003
I was snow.surfer in the old world.
dongadoy
Regular

Postby eve » 18 Oct 2011, 18:53

I haven't tried it properly yet (I did play around a bit with the demo but it is impossible without a keymap) so don't know yet how useable it really is...

A long time ago, I got the original FrogPad but Murphy was there too and so when one of my hands did stop working it ended up being the wrong hand/FrogPad...nothing like planning ahead :P

Patents really are encouraging innovation

:lol: :D :mrgreen:
Nice one :)
eve
Site Admin

Postby fubar » 09 Jan 2012, 01:09

The whole software patent thing, combined with the fact that the overheated tablet/smartphone market is probably the best place to get sued over patents at the moment, is certainly what stopped me from posting the source for what I did last year (see photos in "magic keyboard" thread -- I'm afraid I didn't touch it again after that). It's crappy code but it might trigger work from others. And in fact, if I could be confident I wouldn't get sued I'd probably work on it just for others' benefit even though I don't really need it myself these days. Sad.
fubar
Familiar

Return to News about FingerWorks