Magic Touchpad drivers for Windows XP?

Facts, rumors, speculations about the past, present and future of FingerWorks.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Magic Touchpad drivers for Windows XP?

Postby Sausage » 25 Oct 2010, 00:51

Has anyone come across better Windows XP drivers for the Apple Magic Trackpad as opposed to the Version 1.0 "offering" from Apple that only allows scrolling and dragging, but little else?

I see there is a good project going on for Ubuntu, which will be handy for at home, but I'd like to use the pad at work where I use Windows XP.
Sausage
Hang-around

Re: Magic Touchpad drivers for Windows XP?

Postby eve » 13 Feb 2011, 10:51

A bit late but maybe it can still help. Have you seen this article at Lifehacker?
eve
Site Admin

Postby nomaded » 29 Mar 2011, 22:53

This URL seems to have a bit more info, and links to the correct files and steps needed to get the Magic Trackpad to work with Windows. Of course, without a utility like BetterTouchTool for Windows, the Magic Trackpad is still limited by the small number of gestures that Apple officially supports.
@nomaded

TouchStream Mini - February 26, 2002 - Sold
TouchStream Stealth - March 18, 2002 - Windows 7 Ultimate (home)
TouchStream MacNTouch (white) - July 23, 2003 - Retired
TouchStream LP - March 31, 2004 - In storage
TouchStream MacNTouch (silver) - December 1, 2004 - In storage
Stenovations Digitouch (dvorak) - 2007 - Windows 7 Ultimate (work)
Stenovations Digitouch (dvorak) - 2007 - In storage
nomaded
Smarty Pants

Postby Sausage » 11 Apr 2011, 01:41

Thanks for the links, but those instructions are bootcamp drivers, which are Version 1.0 drivers from Apple I mentioned in my post. Basically the instructions to install these onto a Windows XP machine have been posted all over the internet since the device was released and are pretty well known.

But these 1.0 drivers do not support anything apart from single finger cursor, two finger scrolling and tab clicking. They do not give all the support features tat are available for the Mac with this device. Their right I suppose, but I did buy a lemon for now.
Sausage
Hang-around

Return to News about FingerWorks