www.fingerworks.com is down

Facts, rumors, speculations about the past, present and future of FingerWorks.

Moderator: The00Dustin

www.fingerworks.com is down

Postby TorbenGB » 14 Oct 2010, 19:51

Hi all,
It would seem that the FingerWorks website has been taken down. There is still a webserver responding (delaware.net), but it's not serving FingerWorks pages anymore. I've written to the stated web admin to ask if there's a chance the website will come back online or not. Stay tuned, expect the worst and hope for the best!
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Re: www.fingerworks.com is down

Postby TorbenGB » 19 Oct 2010, 19:12

ZDNet: Apple takes down Fingerworks.com

Apple has finally taken down the Fingerworks.com Web site after acquiring the company and hiring its founders five years ago.

Up until last week, Fingerworks.com retained photographs and details about their multi-touch keyboards and gesture pads they released for Macs years ago. In fact an old press release describes the benefits of their Multi-Touch system in a combination keyboard/touchpad

It stands to reason that the Apple tablet will include major advancements in the multi-touch gesture technology that it rolled out in the MacBook and iPhone. MacRumors reminds us that Westerman’s name is on many of Apple’s multi-touch patent applications, including advanced gesturing implementations for Mac OS X.

Pulling down the Web site just two weeks ahead of a confirmed media event kinda is out of character for Apple. Cupertino either just gave us a huge hint or they’re bluffing and intentionally trying to throw us of the path. Cruel, but not out of character for Cupertino.

Apple bet big on the Fingerworks acquisition and it looks like it’s paying off in a big way. I guess we’ll find out what Elias and Westerman have really been doing all this time on January 27.
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Re: www.fingerworks.com is down

Postby eve » 13 Feb 2011, 10:35

It was back up for me until Today :(
eve
Site Admin

Return to News about FingerWorks