No post exists.. Problem

Facts, rumors, speculations about the past, present and future of FingerWorks.

Moderator: The00Dustin

No post exists.. Problem

Postby routb » 17 Apr 2010, 06:20

I am noticing that most of the threads are displaying "no post exists" messages after I click on a subject.. anyone else having this problem?
routb
Hang-around

Postby nomaded » 20 Apr 2010, 23:34

Yes, I have noticed it. I believe it's because of a failed upgrade of the forum software, that was mentioned here.
@nomaded

TouchStream Mini - February 26, 2002 - Sold
TouchStream Stealth - March 18, 2002 - Windows 7 Ultimate (home)
TouchStream MacNTouch (white) - July 23, 2003 - Retired
TouchStream LP - March 31, 2004 - In storage
TouchStream MacNTouch (silver) - December 1, 2004 - In storage
Stenovations Digitouch (dvorak) - 2007 - Windows 7 Ultimate (work)
Stenovations Digitouch (dvorak) - 2007 - In storage
nomaded
Smarty Pants

Postby ivanw » 21 Apr 2010, 13:21

Yes, we have to find some nice words to throw at our Webmaster in order to motivate him into trying harder (again) to recover the database index integrity...

Please, Torben, don't yiell so loud that I could hear you from here :shock: :cry: :wink: :roll: :evil: :twisted: :?:

Eventually, dark humour could work :roll:
ivanw
Zealot

Postby Minox » 12 Aug 2010, 15:37

Awww... please fix it soon... Also,have a private message waiting for me that I cannot get.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Burgundy Touchstream LP - QWERTY (Daily Driver) ... 2003-2007
Silver Touchstream LP - QWERTY (In Case Of Emergency Open Box) ... 2005-Present
iGesture NumberPad - Modified (Converted to detachable mini-USB) ... 2005-2006
Silver MacNTouch - QWERTY (In Case Of Emergency Open Box) ... 2007-2010
White External USB MacNTouch - QWERTY (For use with UniBody Macbook Pro) ... 2010 - Present
Minox
Regular

Postby The00Dustin » 12 Aug 2010, 18:20

Minox wrote:Awww... please fix it soon... Also,have a private message waiting for me that I cannot get.
Minox,
Good to see you're still around. Do you do repairs on our devices? Fortunately, I don't need any, and my devices are working fine, but I seem to recall that you did, so I was curious about whether or not that was still a possibility. I guess it has been a while since you have been around, so I'll update you just in case you are unaware of the latest happenings. We had a major spam problem, and the message you can't get to is most likely spam. I don't remember for sure, as it has been some time, but the upgrade may have been an attempt to get some new features to prevent the bots that were registering and sending spam messages. Moreover, Torben is looking for someone to take over the role of webmaster / administrator for the forum, as he doesn't have a lot of time to deal with the forum, much less mess with trying to fix it, though I'm sure he would be trying if he had time. Just in case you didn't know,
Dustin
The00Dustin
Grizzled Veteran

Postby TorbenGB » 17 Aug 2010, 10:38

Wow, it's been so long since I last visited. Scary! Such is the life of a new parent...

I'm glad to see that Fingerfans is still living, and I see some old regulars -- I salute you!

As I've mentioned earlier, I can't really fix the forum and I'm very unhappy about that. People can't even change their passwords!

I'd like to install current versions of the wiki and forum from scratch and then fill it up with the old posts that we have. I think it would take a weekend with a computer, a browser, some SQL skills, and a few backup/edit/restore operations to fix things good.

Besides my lack of time, I've also all but stopped using FW tech. Well, not quite: my media center PC has a Digitouch attached ("best evar" sofa solution!), and perhaps owning an old iPhone counts a little too...

I'd be proud to see someone pick up the banner and continue as webmaster / forum admin together with me or even instead of me. That would really help the community survive!
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Return to News about FingerWorks