Apple's next new thing announcement Tomorrow

Facts, rumors, speculations about the past, present and future of FingerWorks.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Apple's next new thing announcement Tomorrow

Postby Rqyteqto » 11 Oct 2005, 09:49

Could this be our ticket?

As likely as anything else being bandied about.
Invent the Future
Rqyteqto
Grizzled Veteran

Postby dr_leviathan » 13 Oct 2005, 03:06

Nope, just another iPod. One that plays video.
Using a Touch-Stream since December 2003.
dr_leviathan
Familiar

Postby phill » 13 Oct 2005, 05:03

dr_leviathan wrote:Nope, just another iPod. One that plays video.

Well, downloadable TV shows is pretty cool.
phill
Regular

Postby ivanw » 13 Oct 2005, 10:36

This is definitely not an ordinary input device! Not only we have a smart gadget to play and work with but it also looks like we have a living character. All the thrill, scratches and bruises that make good stories is there :wink: - (Syne?)
To be continued...
ivanw
Zealot

Postby Rqyteqto » 13 Oct 2005, 16:30

Well, though I am disapointed, I am not particularly surprised.

The video I-pod was what most analysts conjectured. Personally, I don't have the time for such gadgetry. I fear humanity will end up glued to a bunch of little screens watching really crappy videos. i really don't see the point of viewing anything significant on such a small screen. Hell, without my glasses I can barely make out the ipod itself.
Invent the Future
Rqyteqto
Grizzled Veteran

Postby ken gray » 14 Oct 2005, 13:25

well, that was disappointing!

i was hoping for a sub $200 silver dvorak.... :o(
ken gray
Site Admin

Postby ivanw » 18 Oct 2005, 00:07

That conclusion is not consistent with what you get out of this message:
:arrow: Summary as of April 26, 2005, Updated September 2, 2005
If they are indeed working for Apple it could be one or two years during which we won't hear anything about the technology :cry:
ivanw
Zealot

Postby gerb » 18 Oct 2005, 06:54

ivanw wrote:That conclusion is not consistent with what you get out of this message:
:arrow: Summary as of April 26, 2005, Updated September 2, 2005
If they are indeed working for Apple it could be one or two years during which we won't hear anything about the technology :cry:

Folks, we have a real product on our hands. We just aren't seeing it for what it is, because the details are gradually being discovered (or made public).

Read this article about scrolling with the new touchpad on the PowerBook. Could this 1.5-finger scrolling technique be anything other than what I've been doing on my iGesture and TouchStream LP for the past year and a half? Combine that with the reports of users who have done a "palm slap" on the PowerBook's touchpad to reset the device, and it's pretty clear.

Those who are waiting for Apple to release a direct replacement for the TouchStream LP or iGesture are, in all likelihood, going to be sadly disapponted when Apple doesn't release such a product. Because they most likely won't do just that.

I conjecture that Apple bought FingerWorks so they could use their sensor technology and firmware, in the products (and the implementation) of their choosing. Apple's guiding principle is to add new technology only where it makes sense for the average user, or only when there's overwhelming market demand to do so.

We're going to have to live with the hopes that Apple takes the best aspects of our beloved MultiTouch technology, and integrates it into their entire product line in ways that benefit the mass market (or, at the very least, the market of Apple-buyers).
gerb

Postby isaacs » 19 Oct 2005, 19:25

I don't have time right now but I plan to do an investigation into the university. They are a public university and they benefitted by about 1million from the sale of the patents. Should be able to get who they sold it to as it is public information. We have a right to know... As time allows I'll be trying to get in touch with the patent office at the U.
Isaac.S
isaacs
Regular

Return to News about FingerWorks