Is this where that large OEM MacNTouch order went?

Facts, rumors, speculations about the past, present and future of FingerWorks.

Moderator: The00Dustin

-jeffB
Regular

Is this where that large OEM MacNTouch order went?

Post by -jeffB »

Has anyone else posted a link to http://stenovations.com/writer-pic.htm? It looks like it's based on a relabeled MacNTouch, and since they say that they "have an inventory" of their product, I'm speculating that that batch of panels may no longer be headed for the surplus market.

Looks like another company may succumb due to collateral damage from FingerWorks' failure. Sigh. They say they haven't been able to find the identity of the acquiring company, and they're surely even more motivated than we are...
-jeffB (Jeff Brandenburg, Durham, NC, USA)
The00Dustin
Grizzled Veteran

Post by The00Dustin »

Wow, I've been silent about this whole mess until now, but that's depressing. It's almost as if the company who bought out Fingerworks doesn't want to be revealed because it knows it would have a group of consumers who were very upset about the discontinuation of the beloved Fingerworks products.
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Post by TorbenGB »

The00Dustin wrote:a group of consumers who were very upset about the discontinuation
Frankly, at this stage I'd be happy to hear from the new owner, because it would be a sign that it's not a dead end but instead things are looking brighter again. But maybe that's just me...
The00Dustin
Grizzled Veteran

Post by The00Dustin »

I would be more than happy to hear who it was if there would be continued production, but if production was over and it was some competitor of Stenovations who bought FingerWorks just to stop them from making a superior product, then I'd be pissed, and everyone I know who uses musical electronics would probably stop using the manufacturer that did it.
ken gray
Site Admin

Post by ken gray »

wow! I wonder when that was posted!
-jeffB
Regular

Post by -jeffB »

ken gray wrote:wow! I wonder when that was posted!
I'd been checking every couple of weeks to see if anything new was turning up on FingerWorks, and this just showed up in the last week or so. It may have been around for a while before Google indexed it, of course.
-jeffB (Jeff Brandenburg, Durham, NC, USA)