opinion

Facts, rumors, speculations about the past, present and future of FingerWorks.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Re: opinion

Postby chumpboy » 24 Jun 2005, 09:53

??? wrote:So in sticking with that i would also believe that pretty soon i am sure we will be seeing 'a version of the fingerworks products' being sold with lots of computers. It also wouldnt surprise me to see a 'low cost chinese version' that will be manufactured in the future.

Oh wow! An inside source! Obviously understandable that you're keeping your identity hidden. Thanks for giving us hope. Were you like an outside contractor or partner or did you work for fingerworks?

Also, any guess as to how long it would be until we saw the low cost version?

Thanks for the post! :D
RIP Fingeworks, I can't remember the last time I so thoroughly enjoyed a technology product.
chumpboy
Hang-around

Postby ken gray » 24 Jun 2005, 13:43

"Chinese product"....????

does anyone know if Lenovo <sp> does any software in China?
ken gray
Site Admin

Postby VaderPi » 24 Jun 2005, 19:27

'a version of the fingerworks products' being sold with lots of computers

Hmm.... this is exciting! If you permit me to put on my speculation cap, my guess is that IBM or rather the Lenovo is going to start selling laptops with an iGesture instead of a touchpad.
VaderPi
Regular

Postby TorbenGB » 25 Jun 2005, 19:15

Just back into the forum after a while away; I have been moving to another country.
Sorry to be the devil's advocate, but IBM is not a good guess in my view. I was working at IBM until I moved here, and the Lenovo deal had nothing to do with software or input devices, purely pc production. Further, it's unlikely that they would switch away from their highly IBM-branded trackpoint (clitoris?) -- they didn't even ever add the "Win" key! Okay, IBM fits the bill on "major software and hardware" business, in that order of importance, but they never made any great efforts on input technology.
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby ken gray » 25 Jun 2005, 19:42

clitoris

oh, man! i never thought of that but wow that's way accurate!
if a column would be calle phalic <sp>, what would that be called? my latin is too shalow to figure it out...
ken gray
Site Admin

Postby chumpboy » 25 Jun 2005, 19:48

ken gray wrote:
clitoris

oh, man! i never thought of that but wow that's way accurate!
if a column would be calle phalic <sp>, what would that be called? my latin is too shalow to figure it out...

I believe the latin term for this is "neadstogetlaidic".

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :lol:
RIP Fingeworks, I can't remember the last time I so thoroughly enjoyed a technology product.
chumpboy
Hang-around

Postby TorbenGB » 26 Jun 2005, 10:05

ken gray wrote:oh, man! i never thought of that but wow that's way accurate!

Seriously, guys? In the center, there's a soft red spot that you can wiggle with a finger .... everybody I know instantly recognizes what that is.
What really baffles me is how in the world a great big blue company like IBM could come up with such a leery red idea and actually bring it to market. There must be some IBM technician somewhere who won a big crate of beer from his peers.
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby Shawn_Milo » 29 Jun 2005, 13:30

Yeah, I always called them "nipples," too. Although I never even noticed that there was no "Windows" key. Of course, I never use that key, and am a Linux and Mac user when I'm not at work. ;-)

I was suprised to look down at my Thinkpad T43 and see that there was, in fact, no M$ key. Cool.

Shawn
Shawn_Milo
Regular

Return to News about FingerWorks