nomaded, Andover, MA, USA

Moderator: The00Dustin

nomaded, Andover, MA, USA

Postby nomaded » 27 Apr 2005, 04:29

Hey Torben. Thanks for setting up the wiki and forum is such short notice. I hope I can attempt to provide some useful input here.

Let's see, what to say. Well, if you look at my signature, you can see I've been using a FingerWorks product for over 3 years now. I still have all the products I bought, except for the Touchstream/iGesture Mini keyboard. I'm not a programmer, like some of the others who have already introduced themselves - I'm a Unix Systems Administrator.

I mainly looked into and picked up a FingerWorks product as a way of interacting with a computer more efficiently. I got annoyed at needing to take my hand off the keyboard and putting it on the mouse/trackball, to move the pointer around. So, when FingerWorks first announced their technology back in 2000 or 2001, I kept an eye on them, waiting for a product to ship. I first got the TouchStream Mini because they weren't shipping the TouchStream Stealth yet - and also as a "proof-of-concept". From the moment I first laid hands on the TouchStream Mini, I fell in love with the technology/idea.

I have loved FingerWorks' past products, but I'm looking forward to seeing what new products/ideas come from the new owners.
@nomaded

TouchStream Mini - February 26, 2002 - Sold
TouchStream Stealth - March 18, 2002 - Windows 7 Ultimate (home)
TouchStream MacNTouch (white) - July 23, 2003 - Retired
TouchStream LP - March 31, 2004 - In storage
TouchStream MacNTouch (silver) - December 1, 2004 - In storage
Stenovations Digitouch (dvorak) - 2007 - Windows 7 Ultimate (work)
Stenovations Digitouch (dvorak) - 2007 - In storage
nomaded
Smarty Pants

Return to Members' introductions