Phill Kenoyer

Moderator: The00Dustin

Phill Kenoyer

Postby phill » 27 Apr 2005, 00:38

I made it. This is a great web site and forum. Much better than the actual FW site.

Anyway, I had a iGesture pad but it was defective when I bought it. Had some trouble getting FW to respond but finally did. They offered to replace it, but I opted to return it and get my money back.

What I'm looking for now is a Silver Dvorak LP. I would really like one, but seems like that won't happen now.

Anyway.... I'm here and I'm looking forward to reading and participating in this forum.
Last edited by phill on 02 May 2005, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
phill
Regular

Still Looking.

Postby phill » 30 Apr 2005, 12:14

Currently I'm putting in 16 hour days on a standard keyboard and Apple mouse. This has been going on for about five weeks now. I'm starting to feel the burn. If anyone gets a line on a Silver Dvorak, I'm interested.

Thanks!
phill
Regular

Pain Question

Postby phill » 02 May 2005, 18:04

Hello,

I have a question. I don't have a FWTS yet, but I'm looking.

My situation is that I'm using a standard keyboard and mouse. I used to use my right had for the mouse, but suffered a lot of wrist pain. I switched to my left for the mouse and had an alright time until recently.

Right now my entire arm is hurting. All the way into my shoulder. I'm on a Mac so getting rid of the mouse all together is impossible. Is there anything I can do to make it better?

So far I have my workstation setup as suggested by the ergonomic docs I've read around the internet. Desk height, monitor height, keyboard height. My monitor is a bit low as I'm using the iMac G5 and there isn't a easy way to adjust it. I have a flat desk lowered so that my arms are 90º for typing. I have a really nice chair that is setup to tilt forward just a bit and I sit up straight in it.

I think all the mousing is the cause of my pain.
phill
Regular

Re: Pain Question

Postby nomaded » 02 May 2005, 21:48

phill wrote:I think all the mousing is the cause of my pain.

I would suggest that you try a trackball. I started using a trackball, for most of my computing, before I found and switched to a TouchStream-based solution.

I personally like the bigger trackballs that you use your fingers to move, rather than the smaller ones for the thumb. For example, I own, and still use the following 2 trackballs: the Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman and the Microsoft Trackball Explorer.

The other choice is to pick up a simple trackpad, like something from Cirque or Synaptics - though, from a quick googling of each company, I'm not sure if they still make consumer-oriented products.
@nomaded

TouchStream Mini - February 26, 2002 - Sold
TouchStream Stealth - March 18, 2002 - Windows 7 Ultimate (home)
TouchStream MacNTouch (white) - July 23, 2003 - Retired
TouchStream LP - March 31, 2004 - In storage
TouchStream MacNTouch (silver) - December 1, 2004 - In storage
Stenovations Digitouch (dvorak) - 2007 - Windows 7 Ultimate (work)
Stenovations Digitouch (dvorak) - 2007 - In storage
nomaded
Smarty Pants

Postby bradheintz » 03 May 2005, 03:00

Ditto on the trackball. Big ball or small, it cuts way back on wrist pronation, which is one of the major RSI factors.
bradheintz
Familiar

Trackball

Postby phill » 04 May 2005, 07:24

Back in the day I used the Kensington Expert Mouse and I loved it. I was hunting for a mouse a few months ago and stumbled on the iGesture and TS. I wish I happened upon them earlier because now that I really want one they are not available. :-(

Thanks for the suggestions.
phill
Regular

Return to Members' introductions