Aloha Again from Hawaii

Moderator: The00Dustin

Aloha Again from Hawaii

Postby RAFH » 17 Aug 2006, 01:27

Hi Folks,

I'm back. Yep, this is good old Rqyteqto, back again after a rather unpleasant hiatus. I couldn't get my old password to work and my old email no longer applies. So no way to update the password. Ah well, fortunately, every serious cybertraveler has at least a couple of nicks.

I had a rough time of it personally and otherwise, though I also managed to get myself a swanky new rig: Asus M2N32SLI with a 4400 cooled by a Zalman 9500 and supported by 2x 1GB Corsair 6400C4 memory. There's two of everything else, BFG 7900GTs, 74GB Raptor HDDs and 250GB Samsung SATA HDDs and Samsung and Plextor Optical Drives. Not two cases though, just the one Antec SOLO powered by an Antec NeoHE 550. I replaced the stock Antec 120 TriCool for a Nexus 120 and installed two Nexus 92 intakes. All in all its a fantastic machine and extraordinarily quiet. The loudest noise is the opticals spinning up.

Anyway, although the machine is might nice, getting up and running was very painful complicated by my old rig acting up even worse. That situation was complicated by some medical problems. But all that is past and everyone is doing well.

Hope I haven't missed much. Or maybe I should hope we've gotten the FW boys to defect and are hiding them out someplace outside of Winnebago in a very nice Winnebago and they are working on a new neutron powered ThoughtStream. Eh? No? Ah well. Such is life.

Hope everyone else has had a better time of it than me.
Invent the Future
RAFH
Enthusiast

Postby ivanw » 18 Aug 2006, 10:01

Hi Rqyteqto,

Nice to have you back, it showed you were missing lastly. Torben may help restoring your identity... Or, maybe having to get yourself a new mask is the sign for a new life, who knows?

Looking at the low traffic rate since you did not show up, the warm wind from Hawaii could as well be a source of oxygen for FW survivors.

:roll: is there any wind by your place ?

:wink: I see I'm not alone eager to buy stuff in order to spend all the money you get from your hard work...

Image As for news about FW guys, no life sign, it looks like they could as well be kept locked in a cell near Cupertino.
ivanw
Zealot

Postby RAFH » 18 Aug 2006, 19:19

Aloha ivan,

yeah, we have been having good trades this summer. Actually, in contrast to the rest of the world, we've been having an unusually cool summer. It was also an unusually wet winter.

Unfortunately, the only wind has been the atmospheric kind, the financial sort seems to have gone elsewhere. I really need to get out and beat the bushes so I can pay for all the new gear. Once I got it all working its been really amazing. Never had such a quiet machine before. It also features more OCing tweaks than I knew existed. So I have a new interest, finding out what all that stuff does.
Invent the Future
RAFH
Enthusiast

Return to Members' introductions