Ben - New Orleans, LA USA

Moderator: The00Dustin

Ben - New Orleans, LA USA

Postby GentleBen » 04 May 2005, 16:42

Hello all, I purchased a Touchstream Dvorak last August in order to help with my RSI. It was a rough transition at first, changing from a mechanical QWERTY keyboard to a Dvorak TS. After the transition, things were great until the beginning of March, when my TS died on me. I've e-mailed support, but apparently I got in during "the move", and haven't heard anything back from them. Only the right half of my keyboard works now.

Since I've switched back to a mechanical keyboard, I've noticed that the pain in my hands has increased. I'm very upset that my TS is broken, and it's not just a matter of convienience, it's a matter of pain and discomfort. I've considered buying another, but given the current prices, and the uncertainty surrounding FW right now, I don't think that's the best choice.

I'm eagerly awaiting a fixed TS. Come back FW!
GentleBen
Hang-around

Postby TorbenGB » 26 May 2005, 09:49

Hi Ben, have you seen Max's post about the same issue? He fixed it himself!
http://fingerfans.dreamhosters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby GentleBen » 28 May 2005, 06:01

holy cow! Thanks for the heads up! I'm back up and running. As a lesson for all those with broken keyboards, even if the ribbon cable looks fine, break out the multimeter and run a continuity test on all circuits. If one comes up bad, then you should try a new cable!
GentleBen
Hang-around

Return to Members' introductions