Datahand -> Kinesis -> Typematrix -> TouchStream &a

Moderator: The00Dustin

Postby ivanw » 13 Jul 2006, 23:12

Hello jd, it's nice to hear about satisfactory experimentation like yours. It looks like we have one more looking for some evolution concerning these antique keyboards.

The DataHand fascinates me since the first time I've seen it. It is so much looking like something I could have dreamt of, a pity that it is not as effective as it promises. The outcome of your experience is rather disturbing but I tend to trust this sideways fingers activation issue. In fact, it is not the first time that I hear about that.

Your message made me have a closer look at the Maltron L89P which is a nice evolution for a keyboard too! ;) As I am not ready to switch layout right now, the qwerty layout would be just great for me. (fortunately, I just hate azerty)

I don't suffer from RSI, yet, I have just turned into a keyboards addict. I believe this has something to do with my decision to stop smoking. It could be my way to compensate rather than getting fat as expected.

So, it would be nice if you could post some kind of a review on your experience with those fancy keyboards of yours. Time seems to be the master judge for that matter and what you can say would make great sense... We have already some topics about alternatives and some of those you talk here are missing. Alternatives? and The TypeMatrix 2030.

And if you have some suggestions from these experiences that could be transposed to the TouchStream with the gesture editor, please just describe it and I would be ready to look into it for a solution -- The editor is so flexible, that I know we are far from having discovered all its potentialities...

Ivan
Paris, France
ivanw
Zealot

Postby thenn » 14 Jul 2006, 17:00

Hello
thenn
Smarty Pants

Return to Members' introductions