Howdy from Houston!

Moderator: The00Dustin

Howdy from Houston!

Postby Bill Mohr » 20 Aug 2019, 22:12

I actively used my TS for years until it failed with some Microsoft OS upgrade. Had it in a cabinet for years until my son offered to buy me a new keyboard and I remembered I had this one which is pretty cool. Wondered if it might still work. Yep it does. Signed on here because I'm sure I've forgotten some handy gestures.

I know they've been long discontinued, but seems they're worth a pretty penny these days now too! BTW, mine is DVORAK and helps quicker coding!

Cheers!

Bill Mohr
Houston, TX, USA
Bill Mohr

Re: Howdy from Houston!

Postby TorbenGB » 21 Aug 2019, 08:15

Hello Bill!
Welcome to this tiny community. It's been a good while since the last post. You have a cool story - are you going to start using your TS again now? It's unfortunate that you need a Windows XP installation (potentially in a virtual machine) to run the configuration software, but as long as the TS does what you need, it runs just fine on any modern system.

I tried getting on board with Dvorak but ultimately failed. I'm currently warming up to the Colemak layout (very similar benefits, fewer moved keys) and even that is a huge challenge. I've been using Qwerty for 35 years, and I can't really "afford" the slump in productivity. Colemak offers a transitional system ("tarmak") but even that is a hurdle. I'm still hoping - someday...!
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Re: Howdy from Houston!

Postby Bill Mohr » 21 Aug 2019, 16:20

Hi Torben and thanks,

I was using QWERTY for a good 25 years before switching to DVORAK. My slump in productivity lasted about 3 weeks and it's been many years now that I've enjoyed much faster typing/coding on DVORAK.

Yes, I currently have my TS sitting in front of my traditional KB and I'm trying to re-acclimate to it. I remember that it is way faster because there's no need to reach for the mouse and the gestures are great. I just don't remember them all which is part of the reason I wound up here - searching for a source or listing of gestures I can use. Like I think there's a "find" gesture, but I don't remember what it is. I can do CTRL-F like a lame-o, but I'm pretty sure there's a better way.

tschüß!

bill
Bill Mohr

Return to Members' introductions