Where can I get igesture?

Buy and sell stuff here.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Where can I get igesture?

Postby PD » 06 Jun 2005, 18:33

I ordered and igesture pad from an online shop in CA and just got a note that it's not available anymore. I'm aware of the situation with the company, but was wondering if there is any place that still has these at a reasonable price? I noticed humansolution.com but am reluctant to pay $20 more than what fingerworks was selling them for. Is there any other place that you know has them in stock for no more than $169?

Hoping....
PD
Familiar

Postby PD » 06 Jun 2005, 21:20

Well, I decided to order one from the human solution even though pricier than I had wished for. If I can get a few years of good use out of it, I'll be happy. It seems like a great product and it's sad that it might not continue to be manufactured.

Hope I didn't make a mistake with this. $189 is a lot to pay for a 'mouse'...
PD
Familiar

Congratulations and welcome

Postby TorbenGB » 07 Jun 2005, 11:11

I think you'll be very satisfied with your new "mousepad" :)

It's true that with the closing of FW, there will be no more software updates or hardware support, but apart from that you should be well covered in this community, because there are some veterans in here.

Welcome!
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Closing of FW?

Postby gregvr » 07 Jun 2005, 11:18

TorbenGB wrote:I think you'll be very satisfied with your new "mousepad" :)

It's true that with the closing of FW, there will be no more software updates or hardware support, but apart from that you should be well covered in this community, because there are some veterans in here.

Welcome!

Wait-- did I miss something? Since when are we sure that FW is closing?
gregvr
Hang-around

Re: Closing of FW?

Postby TorbenGB » 07 Jun 2005, 11:54

gregvr wrote:Since when are we sure that FW is closing?

Well, it's not been stated officially, but we have heard silence for a long time, so we can assume that there will not come more news from FW. If any, I would expect to hear from whoever bought FW, but that's another story.
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby PD » 07 Jun 2005, 13:09

My main concern (and the reason for my purchase now) was that the technology would be bought by a big company like Apple and only used in their products, as opposed to in stand alone products like igesture. Not that I wouldn't love to see igesture built into the next powerbook - that would be great.
PD
Familiar

Postby onelin » 14 Jun 2005, 04:33

definitely looks like that's the place to get em (Human solution) ... my guess is the price will keep going up, but they do have a lot in stock. I have to decide this week if I'm springing for one of those, a touchstream LP,provided I could win an auction...

(or both? am I insane?)
onelin
Hang-around

Postby TorbenGB » 14 Jun 2005, 12:28

Human Solution has none left, but eBay occasionally lists some. Good luck!
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Return to Marketplace