Sign-up list for Stenovations MacNTouch units

Buy and sell stuff here.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Sign-up list for Stenovations MacNTouch units

Postby TorbenGB » 15 Feb 2007, 10:25

This is a suggestion and not yet in effect!

This may become the official sign-up list for one (or more) of Stenovations' custom MacNTouch units. (Background is in this post.)

Rules:

1) Basics
1.1) This first post lays down the rules. The rules are altered according to discussion until agreement to finalize them. Then the rules are no longer changed.
1.2) The first reply to this post is THE LIST. It will only be modified by the admin.
1.3) Any following replies are discussions to the rules.
1.4) Replies that are just a wish are ignored and may be deleted by the admin. Send me a PM - that is the only way. The same applies to corrections of wishes. Send me a PM.

2) Wishing
2.1) Submit a wish by sending me a PM and specifying:
(a) your full name and full international postal address
(b) valid e-mail address
(c) what kind of unit you absolutely want (just one!)
(d) how many additional US Qwerty/US Dvorak units you wish.
Items (a)-(c) are mandatory. Item (d) is optional.
I will then post only your screen name and your wish in the list. Later, the name&address details will be passed to Stenovations.

2.2) Your wish is not an order. There is no promise that you can get the types or amounts of units that you wish, though that is of course the goal.
2.3) You can change your wish. Send me a new PM with your new complete wish. It will replace your previous wish.
2.4) Wish-PM that are missing any of items (a)-(c) will be ignored.
2.5) Available choices include:
(a) Layout = US Qwerty or US Dvorak (cirka 50 of each)
(b) Enclosure color = white or red or black (amounts unknown)
The layouts are stickers, so choosing a layout does not dictate an enclosure color.

3) Dividing
3.1) We hope that everybody on the list can get at least one unit of choice. If not, we will try to negotiate a solution.
3.2) Any excess (after Rule 3) is divided as fairly as possible based on the additional wishes.
3.3) THE LIST stays open until (add date here?). After that, we will apply the rules until everybody is happy. We may now call the list THE ORDER LIST.

4) Checkout
4.1) Stenovations will get THE ORDER LIST plus the name/address details and begin "check out".
4.2) Stenovations will choose the method of checkout and payment. (It's their business, we're just privileged to get to buy these units.)
4.3) Stenovations can not act as warranty/repair party unless specifically expressed by Stenovations.

19feb: added Rule 2.5) about available choices and amounts.
Last edited by TorbenGB on 19 Feb 2007, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby TorbenGB » 15 Feb 2007, 10:26

Preliminary sign ups, subject to changes in the rules:

Aegis wants 1 black Qwerty and wishes another white Qwerty. (15feb)
billunatic wants 1 black Qwerty and wishes another 1 black Qwerty. (22feb)
Crhooker wants 1 Qwerty and wishes another Qwerty, any color. (19feb)
Drew wants 1 black Dvorak and wishes another 1 black Dvorak. (15feb)
dwbullok wants 1 red Dvorak and wishes another 1 white or black Dvorak. (03war)
everyplace wants 1 black Qwerty and wishes another white Qwerty. (23feb)
ff0eoaR wants 1 white Qwerty. (15mar)
grandPAW wants 1 red Qwerty. (07mar)
hawkins wants 1 red or black Qwerty. (19mar)
IvanW wants 1 black Qwerty. (15feb)
jeffB wants 1 black Qwerty (else black, else red, in that order). (22feb)
kancept wants 1 white Dvorak. (23feb)
lee griggs wants 1 white Dvorak and wishes another 1 black Dvorak. (22feb)
Minox wants 1 black Qwerty and wishes another 1 black or white Qwerty. (15feb)
Msquared wants 1 white Qwerty and wishes another 1 white Qwerty. (19feb)
Ninotchka wants 1 white Qwerty and wishes another 1 white Qwerty. (26feb)
Nomaded wants 1 black Dvorak and wishes another 1 black or white Dvorak. (16feb)
thenn wants 1 black Qwerty. (23feb)
optimist1125 wants 1 white (or white or red) Qwerty and wishes another 1 white (or white or red) Qwerty. (13mar)
timwillhack wants 1 black Qwerty and wishes another 1 black Dvorak. (01mar)
tfer wants 1 Qwerty of any color. (27feb)
TorbenGB wants 1 white Dvorak and wishes another 1 white Dvorak. (15feb)
touchstream2004 wants 1 black Qwerty. (26feb)
Last edited by TorbenGB on 19 Mar 2007, 15:51, edited 27 times in total.
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby TorbenGB » 15 Feb 2007, 10:27

Let the discussions begin!
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby aegis » 15 Feb 2007, 10:34

These rules seem entirely reasonable to me. Is it worth adding a "first come, first served" clause in case there are more people than units.

I can picture speculators signing up to the forum just to get on the list.

Daniel.
aegis
Regular

Postby The00Dustin » 16 Feb 2007, 18:46

I am interested, but I am not certain that I will be in a position where I can afford to buy. That said, I am wondering if we should establish rules on what being on the list means. I wouldn't want to be obligated and stuck in a bad position, but I wouldn't want to keep someone else from getting one by being on the list and then back out, leaving a mess for someone to deal with.
Also, what if I buy them and find that I can't really type with them or I'm otherwise not a big fan since I like my full size TouchStream LPs? I am kind of thinking of having them sort of as a backup, but I am also thinking about a dissatisfied resell policy in case I don't feel that they are suitable backups for me, i.e. we could keep track of who still had wishes and/or didn't get their original one and sell them via the form at the same cost that was originally charged, possibly plus the cost of original shipping in addition to second shipping.
Finally, of course, I am concerned that there is no real way to even begin to enforce these rules, and wonder if we plan on pursuing such enforcement or only plan on good faith. Obviously I doubt anyone wants to spring for lawyers and there may not be any other options, but I'm curious as to thoughts from all.
Dustin
The00Dustin
Grizzled Veteran

Postby TorbenGB » 19 Feb 2007, 17:15

Dustin,
so far THE LIST is just a sounding, a call for interest. It has not yet been agreed that it is anything like an order list. Once we know whether the supply covers the interest, we can turn it into an order list for those who are still interested.
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Re: I've tried to PM, am I doing something wrong?

Postby TorbenGB » 22 Feb 2007, 17:04

Hello everyplace!
What you should do is send a personal message ("PM") to me, but I haven't received one from you yet. Read "Rule 2.1)" posted at the top of this page -- that should make everything clear. Send me a PM by clicking the link in Rule 2.1) or by clicking on the "PM" button under this reply.
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby Timwillhack » 28 Feb 2007, 20:47

This is like a dream come true. I lost my previous job because of RSI related reasons, and I've been on a magical quest to fix my problems on my own. I've even went to lengths to buy this product:
To use as a vertical mouse. It has worked, but now I'm gripping this monster with a kungfu death grip all day long.

Obviously a touchstream is the best of all the worlds.

Thank you so much Stenovations!![/img]
Check out my new game Hexaxis XXI: http://www.darksoft.net/hexaxis.php
Timwillhack
Familiar

Postby thenn » 28 Feb 2007, 21:18

I think thay is the coolest mouse EVER!
thenn
Smarty Pants

Postby Timwillhack » 28 Feb 2007, 22:07

It is very cool, except when you are bringing your computer to your mothers house and have the gun mouse sitting on your front passenger seat... then get pulled over for speeding... Fill in the blanks.
Check out my new game Hexaxis XXI: http://www.darksoft.net/hexaxis.php
Timwillhack
Familiar

Re: I've tried to PM, am I doing something wrong?

Postby -jeffB » 01 Mar 2007, 14:48

TorbenGB wrote:Hello everyplace!
What you should do is send a personal message ("PM") to me, but I haven't received one from you yet. Read "Rule 2.1)" posted at the top of this page -- that should make everything clear. Send me a PM by clicking the link in Rule 2.1) or by clicking on the "PM" button under this reply.

Hi, Torben --

Will you be replying to confirm when you receive a PM? I've PM'ed you, but I'd like to make sure it went through.

Thanks again for running this (both the board and the signup list)!
-jeffB (Jeff Brandenburg, Durham, NC, USA)
-jeffB
Regular

Postby TorbenGB » 01 Mar 2007, 19:59

Hi Jeff - I usually don't reply on the "wish" PM's (I just record the wish) unless there's a question in them. Normal PM's always get replies though. I've seen that you PM'ed me recently but haven't had time to respond - before now. Started new job last week and all... and still looking for a Torx size 8!! :shock: (But I did record your wish on 22feb.)
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Torx8

Postby Minox » 01 Mar 2007, 20:25

Do you have a Radio Shack(r) near you? I picked up a nice $20 *driver kit with torx, philips and flat bits. It has a spinning handle - like a jewlers screwdriver, and the shaft can extend; it is really nice.

It has a wide assortment of sizes down to really tiny torx.

If you need me to send you one - jut ask. I would only ask that you cover costs.

Otherwise hopefully you can find one locally.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Burgundy Touchstream LP - QWERTY (Daily Driver) ... 2003-2007
Silver Touchstream LP - QWERTY (In Case Of Emergency Open Box) ... 2005-Present
iGesture NumberPad - Modified (Converted to detachable mini-USB) ... 2005-2006
Silver MacNTouch - QWERTY (In Case Of Emergency Open Box) ... 2007-2010
White External USB MacNTouch - QWERTY (For use with UniBody Macbook Pro) ... 2010 - Present
Minox
Regular

Postby TorbenGB » 02 Mar 2007, 12:08

Thank you Minox for the offer, but sending anything won't be necessary, I should be able to find a tool this weekend. Radio Shack is only US, but there are plain hardware stores here too. I understand that you're anxious to get a secend part of the DigiTouch review :)
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby ivanw » 02 Mar 2007, 14:22

Yes Torben, I think everyone will take interest in reading all you can tell us about the device.
Those kind of tools you are using everyday are made of many little features that make you decide whether they are efficient or not.
With time, after the adapting phase, FW users come to discuss those little details, looking for comfort and efficiency.
I'm still not sure what to expect from this device aside from being a backup for my TS and its better portable feature...
ivanw
Zealot

Return to Marketplace