[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
fingerfans.dreamhosters.com • View topic - Approximately 100 MacNTouch keyboards on hand

Approximately 100 MacNTouch keyboards on hand

Buy and sell stuff here.

Moderator: The00Dustin

Postby TorbenGB » 21 Feb 2007, 17:23

Lee, please check if you want to sign up for one or more of these units.
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby TorbenGB » 24 Feb 2007, 16:03

I could pick up the sample today! Hopefully I can assemble it this weekend and start using it, but please be patient - let me gather some experience! To keep you guys curious, here are some photos I just shot: http://g-b.dk/gallery/digitouch Of course I'm going to explain more in the review :wink:
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby nomaded » 24 Feb 2007, 21:01

Very interesting!

I would not have expected the layout to be seperate from the touch-sensitive surface. That could be very useful. Though, I would assume that in order to use it in a PowerBook/MacBook Pro, the layout surface would need to be glued down somehow.
nomaded
Smarty Pants

Postby TorbenGB » 27 Feb 2007, 08:49

Hello everybody! I have just posted ! This covers the technical aspects with lots of photos and also answers many questions that have been posted here so far. Enjoy!

Update 2015-12-09: the review is also archived here:
part 1:
entire review (TXT file with wiki tags):
Attachments
DigiTouch.txt
DigiTouch review in TXT format (with wiki tags!)
(27.04 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby aegis » 27 Feb 2007, 09:37

Thanks Torben, a detailed and interesting review.

Daniel.
aegis
Regular

Postby ken gray » 27 Feb 2007, 15:20

nice work!

looking forward to the torx8 showing up.
ken gray
Site Admin

Postby aegis » 28 Feb 2007, 13:57

Eric,

Out of interest, will the keyboards be supplied in kit form like Torben's review unit, or will they be already assembled?

Thanks,

Daniel.
aegis
Regular

Postby Ejack83 » 01 Mar 2007, 15:27

Aegis,
I would prefer to leave them disassembled. Honestly, it takes almost 5 minutes to assemble it. I could assemble them if it was necessary but you are going to be sorry if you do not get a chance to see the unobstructed surface of the board. ;-)

Eric
Ejack83
Hang-around

Postby TorbenGB » 02 Mar 2007, 19:28

Here is !

Apologies for the raw form but I promise to clean it up later. These are my first impressions of typing on the DigiTouch, and I thought you'd appreciate speed over beauty. I am also going to publish some comments on the assembly (with photos!) so stay tuned for a third part!

TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby TorbenGB » 10 Mar 2007, 15:49

Here is !

Comments? Questions?

TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby ivanw » 10 Mar 2007, 17:38

So, you haven't broken it yet :shock:
And seeking Dvorak Graal is looking for trouble Well, my point exactly, you got some.

...sorry, just erase the second line, it's only my way to explain why I keep up with my insane qwerty pal :wink:
ivanw
Zealot

Flex PCB creasing - DON'T DO IT!!!

Postby Minox » 12 Mar 2007, 17:32

Hello,

When working out the details of recreating these cables, I spoke to many FlexPCB makers and they all said the same thing... DO NOT CREASE them. You want the fold to have a roll to it, as if folding the ribbon over a needle. This way it has a rounded bend as opposed to a sharp crease. Sharp creases increase the chance that the VERY VERY thin foil layer can crack when unfolded.

Do as you want, I will not crease.

Minox
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Burgundy Touchstream LP - QWERTY (Daily Driver) ... 2003-2007
Silver Touchstream LP - QWERTY (In Case Of Emergency Open Box) ... 2005-Present
iGesture NumberPad - Modified (Converted to detachable mini-USB) ... 2005-2006
Silver MacNTouch - QWERTY (In Case Of Emergency Open Box) ... 2007-2010
White External USB MacNTouch - QWERTY (For use with UniBody Macbook Pro) ... 2010 - Present
Minox
Regular

Previous

Return to Marketplace