[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
fingerfans.dreamhosters.com • View topic - Amazon.com has Dvorak touchstreams for 290

Amazon.com has Dvorak touchstreams for 290

Buy and sell stuff here.

Moderator: The00Dustin

I got the same delayed notice

Postby staygood » 29 Nov 2006, 08:44

..and not a big surprise, except that Amazon is still willing to keep on trying. Actually, I was expecting either a miracle arrival, an apologetic cancellation, or off-key humming as a carefully ignored deadline slipped by. Not another two months delay. And seeing the "Sold by: Amazon Export Sales, Inc." was strange.

My new estimate is:
Shipping estimate: January 28, 2007
Delivery estimate: January 31, 2007 - February 2, 2007

The order page was kind enough to remind me that the order will arrive -after- Christmas. ;)

FYI, The product page now lists it as "currently not available".

Update: I just logged in again to double-check the status, and they have changed the seller back to "Amazon.com". Extra strange.
staygood
Familiar

my current status

Postby deklund » 29 Nov 2006, 18:08

deklund
Hang-around

New Touchstream on eBay...

Postby optimist1125 » 30 Nov 2006, 03:26

--Linda
optimist1125
Regular

Postby drew » 06 Dec 2006, 14:49

drew
Regular

Order for Touchstream Dvorak Canceled by Amazon

Postby optimist1125 » 06 Dec 2006, 14:50

--Linda
optimist1125
Regular

Postby The Juggler » 06 Dec 2006, 19:37

Yep, I got the cancellation mail today.

Sadness.

Ah well, I never really believed it would happen.
The Juggler
Familiar

Postby ccompbell107 » 16 Dec 2006, 16:30

ccompbell107
Familiar

Aargh!

Postby optimist1125 » 18 Dec 2006, 01:33

Well, at least we got them off dead center so they seem to be no longer pretending to "sell" them.

I'm still convinced someone will come along and engineer something that works similarly; who knows... maybe even better? [Maybe even someone on this list?...]

Happy holidays to everyone ...
--Linda
optimist1125
Regular

Postby ccompbell107 » 18 Dec 2006, 04:25

Actually, I worked for a turnkey engineering operation a few years ago that could do just that. But, what sort of patent and copyright trouble would it be? They could take them apart and build something very similar. They are set up with the right equipment. I was even thinking about some sort of repair of the units out there that are breaking down.
ccompbell107
Familiar

Postby ivanw » 18 Dec 2006, 11:03

I believe that it must not be very difficult to learn more about the status of this patent from Wayne Westerman or John Elias. But I think that what made them stop Fingerworks activities would still be in the way of a rebirth. A simple achievement like making the iPod reliable for Apple is enough to bury the technology for generations. When you fight against big money, you loose anytime.

About a repair service, I don't think anyone could get in the way with some legal and justified demand. Big chances are that some damaged pads are currently collecting dust...
ivanw
Zealot

Previous

Return to Marketplace