iGesture USB keyboard.

Buy and sell stuff here.

Moderator: The00Dustin

iGesture USB keyboard.

Postby clay_shooter » 24 Jan 2006, 02:37

I picked up an iGesture keyboard as part recent pad purchase . The iGesture keyboard is a black USB keyboard (with hub) that has an iGesture numeric pad mounted on the side over the arrow and numeric keys. The pad has a short USB cable that plugs into the usb hub on the keyboard so that only the keyboard needs to be plugged into the computer.
<p>
The pad has come unglued from the mounting plate on the keyboard. Fingerworks had hot glued the pad (with metal backing plate) to the keyboard (with metal plate riveted to the keyboard). Has anyone else reattached their iGesture numeric pad to the keyboard?
<p>
The setup pulls some current so it works best with a desktop machine.
<p>
Looking to get $150 for it.
clay_shooter
Hang-around

Postby thenn » 25 Jan 2006, 16:27

Hey Clay_Shooter

I have the same keyboard, but mine broke. I originally paid 175 for it on ebay, but the keyboard had some problems. In my case the igesture numpad was perfectly attached, but the keyboard hub was disconnecting from my pc. I decided to detach the numpad from the keyboard. Pictures are on the site. To re attach I would suggest cutting away the excess glue, then reattaching with rubber cement. The glue used was not from a glue gun, glue gun glue dries really hard, but this glue used is pliable. I would suggest using that type. I would also not suggest melting the glue from the bottom of the numpad, "heat damage".

Hope this helps,

Tim
thenn
Smarty Pants

iGesture Keyboard

Postby clay_shooter » 26 Jan 2006, 15:27

After looking at it, I agree. The iGesture is more likely attached with a silocn glue rather than hot glue. I think a different approach would be to use that double sided foam tape. Contact cement won't work because there is a small space between the moutning bracket and the back of the iGesture. (I tried it)

An other option would be to create a foam backing pad for the iGesture, similar to the pad on the bakc of the stand alone pads, from an old mouse pad. You could contact cement that to the pad.

One issue with the hub on the keyboard is that the keyboard, hub and the pad can draw more current than some ports can produce. The iGesture keyboard doesn't work on my laptop but does on my Dell. My iGesture pad doesn't work when plugged into the hub on my Kinesis Contour on my desktop but does work when plugged directly into the back of the machine.
clay_shooter
Hang-around

Postby thenn » 26 Jan 2006, 19:04

When I plugged mine into another input device hub, I got the same result on my laptop the numpad sometimes working, or not working at all. I decided not to worry about the keyboard itself, and threw it away. I cut a foam mouse pad to fit the bottom of the numpad, then glued it to the bottom of the igusture. Another modification I decided to use was a 3' usb extention cable that retract. Now since I only use a laptop, I can have the numpad, and the mouse in the same area. I have found that these modifications work great. You can also use a third party stand alone keyboard as well.
thenn
Smarty Pants

iGesture Keyboard

Postby Minox » 02 Feb 2006, 16:09

Got the igesture Monday - but was out of town until now. awesome device!! I now can gesture when using the laptop... have to figure out the difference in iGesture vs Touchstream gestures though...

Thanks again!
Minox
Regular

Return to Marketplace