TouchStream LP red qwerty looking for advice how to sell

Buy and sell stuff here.

Moderator: The00Dustin

TouchStream LP red qwerty looking for advice how to sell

Postby Zwierzynski » 03 Feb 2010, 10:11

hi there... As you can see in topic, I have one piece of TouchStream LP (red qwerty). Just checked, works fine, diagnostic passes without errors, looks as new, have that fancy metal stand. Manuals lost, CD is here.
I have imported it from the States some years ago hoping to help me using 3D software. After 2 months of using I stopped and put it on the shelf.
Some days ago I wanted to sell it for very small amount on local Polish auction service (who would like to buy something like that?), but checked ebay earlier and BANG its much more expensive than I have paid before!
I would like to sell it for more bucks, but do not have ebay account that can be trusted (with comments). And I am located in one of those "dangerous eastern" countries (Poland).
Do you have an advice how to sell it from here and make it safe to the eventual buyer&seller? Like he gets equipment, checks and then pays for it (if not returns to the courier)? Is it possible?
Zwierzynski

Postby The00Dustin » 04 Feb 2010, 02:27

You are describing an escrow service, and such a thing does exist, but you could just set up an eBay account and then they should have buyer protection.
The00Dustin
Grizzled Veteran

Postby TorbenGB » 04 Feb 2010, 09:41

I agree with Dustin - get an eBay account. You need to go international because it can be hard to find any buyers at all on a national site, because you're selling something very special.

Even more important, get PayPal as well. The combination gives you the benefit of PayPayl's financial protection as well as appearing as a serious trader; both of these benefits are good for you AND for the buyer.

You may have a point that buyers see you as one of those "dangerous eastern" people, but I think that is irrelevant when you're selling something as special as a FingerWorks product! This is not something that "dangerous" people are likely to prey on because the market is too small.

Also, I'd recommend that you don't use an escrow service. For one thing, such a service has an extra cost. Another argument is that escrow services are often used by "dangerous" people to trick buyers. Escrow makes sense when buying a house, not not for electronics. Instead, PayPal offers similar protection.

The normal way to trade on eBay is to first get the money from the buyer (via PayPal!), then ship it to him. He'll receive it and have a chance to contact you if he doesn't like what he received.

Just be honest, describe your product and yourself openly (but not too humbly), and answer any questions quickly and friendly before the auction ends. In your auction text, you can also describe how you prefer to handle the process of payment and shipping, and if buyers have concerns they can ask you before they bid.
TorbenGB - webmaster & forum admin
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Postby Zwierzynski » 04 Feb 2010, 15:11

Thank you for replys so much, I already have ebay account and verified paypal account, just not used until now very often.
Local auction service was enough for me so far. I will just make some good photos and descriptions, thanks once again :)
Zwierzynski

Postby TorbenGB » 04 Feb 2010, 15:35

I suggest that you also post a link to the auction here so that forum members know about it right away.

I wish you the best of success!
TorbenGB
Site Admin

Return to Marketplace