WTB Touchstream LP Querty

Buy and sell stuff here.

Moderator: The00Dustin

WTB Touchstream LP Querty

Postby squirlhntr » 04 Oct 2005, 21:36

Got any for sale? Pleast leave a post or PM me. Thanks!

I want one!!! :D

Patrick
squirlhntr

Postby Rqyteqto » 05 Oct 2005, 04:12

Welcome to the horde looking for these buggers. Best of luck to you. If you happen to find a cache of several, be a pal and let us all know.
Invent the Future
Rqyteqto
Grizzled Veteran

Postby squirlhntr » 05 Oct 2005, 15:50

Rqyteqto wrote:Welcome to the horde looking for these buggers. Best of luck to you. If you happen to find a cache of several, be a pal and let us all know.

During the spring I nearly bought one. I went so far as to request it, but the company then said it would take a week to get one, plus shipping time, so I canceled my order.

Needless to say, I was ticked when I went to the Fingerworks website yesterday and saw they've stopped production. :cry:
squirlhntr

Postby thenn » 05 Oct 2005, 16:06

How much you looking to spend? I have a couple of contacts that have been looking out for them for me. I can let you know when/if they call back, since I got my TS already.
thenn
Smarty Pants

Postby Rqyteqto » 06 Oct 2005, 03:12

I'll pay at least $450, perhaps up to $550. I have one, another seems to be lost in the mails between here and Germany. I can't imagine working without a TS so my strategy is to get a couple of spares for whenever this one wears out or breaks. Hopefully something will come out to replace them, but I'm not counting on it.
Invent the Future
Rqyteqto
Grizzled Veteran

Postby ivanw » 06 Oct 2005, 09:57

Rqyteqto wrote:I have one, another seems to be lost in the mails between here and Germany.
Let us know what happens to this one. It's kind of family matter, ... sort of :roll:
ivanw
Zealot

Postby thenn » 06 Oct 2005, 13:26

Sorry to hear about shipping delays. All I know is I have a TS and an igesture numbpad keyboard thing, and I'm happy. I will let everyone know if I can get more. I like to share the wealth.
thenn
Smarty Pants

Postby Rqyteqto » 06 Oct 2005, 18:43

Yah, its a sad situation. The fellah in Germany mailed it AirMail via Deutsches Post, which is tracked, but when it gets turned over to the USPS, that tracking doesn't continue. DP has record of it being delivered to the USPS, but the trail stops there. At least its insured, but I'd rather have the board than the money anyday. we are both (the seller and I) hopeful it will turn up someday, but its not looking very good as its now well past 2 weeks overdue.

The moral of the story is never send anything of value without explicit origin to destination tracking, signature upon receipt and full insurance. That goes particularly for anything sent via the USPS. Which is why I don't use them for anything of value or importance.

I just hope its not been destroyed, even being stolen would be far better than that.
Invent the Future
Rqyteqto
Grizzled Veteran

TouchStream Lost, Now Found!

Postby Rqyteqto » 08 Oct 2005, 00:08

Well, I am pleased to report my TouchStream LP from Germany arrived this noon, against increasing anxiety and fear it was lost for good. It was sent on September 13 by Air Mail, which both the seller and I expected would get it here within a week or so. The 21st came and went without a sign, then the 28th, so we started the tracking process only to find out Deutsches Post had deliverd it to the USPS on the 14th. However, there the trail went cold because though DP tracks their airmail, the USPS does not.

Nonetheless, its here and despite the outer box looking like it had spent some time in Baghdad (it was broken through in two places and partially crushed, and the inner box had a couple of good dents and creases in it, the boards and all contents are in perfect condition) I am typing this on the new board.

Being for Germany, the 'Z' and 'Y' key markingss are interchanged but it types with a normal QWERTY layout so I don't even have to change that. Its a burgundy color and the software hadn't even been opened.

So I am no longer actively seeking TS boards, though I would certainly be interested in buying any that become available. Just my urgency is substantially less now and I doubt I will be willing to pay much more than $450. But for anybody wanting to make a quick sure sale in that price ranbe, PM me.

Now I have to get back to getting this bugger fully configured.
Invent the Future
Rqyteqto
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Marketplace