Fingerworks Old Support Forums Archive Home  
Fingerworks Old Support Forums Archive Fingerworks Old Support Forums Archive > Product Troubleshooting > Installation and Diagnostics > Screen freezing with Fedora Core 3

Author
Thread   
hsg

Screen freezing with Fedora Core 3

I recently upgraded my home Linux computer to Fedora Core 3 and am finding a problem in which, after several minutes of not typing or mousing, my TouchStream keyboard no longer seems to be detected by Linux (no mouse, no keyboard response). Unplugging and plugging the keyboard back into its USB port solves the problem, and it is not a Linux problem since I can plug in standard USB mouse or keyboard and these are detected and work correctly right away.

Is there something special about the TouchStream that it does not act exactly the same as a USB mouse or USB keyboard?

I should say that I have also had this problem in the past with earlier versions of Linux, that the keyboard would stop being detected and I would have to unplug and plug it back in to get the TouchStream recognized again. But it is happening more often after the update to Fedora Core 3.

Old Post 02-23-2005 04:20 PM
nomaded
Touchpad Fanatic

This sounds a lot like the static electricity problem that these keyboards/pads have, when the weather gets dry.

See if this helps you out.

You can also search the forums for keywords like "static" for more (anecdotal) info.

TouchStream LP - March 31, 2004 - Windows XP Professional SP1
TouchStream MacNTouch (silver) - December 1, 2004 - thanks dxtr!

Old Post 02-24-2005 10:58 PM
All times were GMT.