Fingerworks Old Support Forums Archive Home  
Fingerworks Old Support Forums Archive Fingerworks Old Support Forums Archive > Product Troubleshooting > Installation and Diagnostics > 1.5.2 - still losing all chords below home row

Author
Thread   
eve

Location: now the forum is read-only, please come to: http://fingerfans.dreamhosters.com/

1.5.2 - still losing all chords below home row

This time, I did it differently to 1.5.0. I installed the upgrade, changed to factory defaults in the utility and loaded those. Then, I checked and verified that all chords were working (which they were).
I then changed the following:
OS to OSX
enable outside game mode
5 finger pointing
loaded hat -> everything still worked

then changed the gesture sets, speed, tuning to what I wanted, reloading after every step -> everything is working perfectly

I did the above in the order I wrote it down as in 1.5.0 it was the typing that screwed everything up and I want to leave those to the end this time.

Finally coming to the typing settings, I started by adjusting Accuracy (turn off), Key repeats (change to N-Key Rolliver), loaded that and everything is still fine.

And now the changes that made everything not work anymore in 1.5.0. I start by turning on programmers punctuation which also turns on the enhanced modifiers chords, load that and I am left with no chords below home row....

Diagnostics reports that everything is fine.

I don't really know what else I can do. I do know that I need those chords and I don't really want to be stuck on 1.4.3 forever. There are some things in 1.5.x that I would like to use...any ideas?

cheers
eve

P.S. this problem is on both sides of the keybard btw.

Old Post 11-16-2004 02:49 PM
fingerworks
Administrator

Hi Eve,
How are you trying to use the chords below home row? We did make one change to the below home row (typically Alt) chord in v1.50. We made the 'Ignore modifier chord keystroke if no opposite hand activity' option on the chord edit page checked by default.

This means that, for instance, if you simply tap below home row, it will no longer transmit a standalone "Alt" to activate menubar. However, if you hold this chord and hit say 'M' with the opposite hand, you WILL get an 'Alt-M'.

So if you need your stand-alone "Alt" or "Option" tap back, just uncheck that box in the gesture editor.

Old Post 11-16-2004 11:21 PM
eve

Location: now the forum is read-only, please come to: http://fingerfans.dreamhosters.com/

Ahhh...wonderful! That was it. Thank you!

cheers
eve

Old Post 11-17-2004 01:19 AM
All times were GMT.